Halloween Sale Now Or Black Friday for new bookings

Rooty

Hi @daha699, If you find a sailing and cabin that you really like, I would just book it. You can generally reprice (price adjustment) the cruise fare if/when it lowers due to future sales. It just takes a phone call (by you or your TA if app) to Royal to make the price adjustment (it's not a cancel/rebook). Depending on the specific sailing and cabin type you're seeking, waiting longer could lead to a more limited selection of cabins. The underlying cruise fares tend to increase the closer to sailing you get due to supply/demand.

If there is something you want and if you knew the price would never go down and would thus get it at the current price, then you should get it.  If prices go down on any of it for Black Friday you can just cancel and rebook.  If they don't go down or even go up, you at least have it booked at a price that is acceptable to you.

21 minutes ago, Xaa said:

If there is something you want and if you knew the price would never go down and would thus get it at the current price, then you should get it.  If prices go down on any of it for Black Friday you can just cancel and rebook.  If they don't go down or even go up, you at least have it booked at a price that is acceptable to you.

My Dilemma is that the deposits are not refundable so canceling and rebooking is not an option , and the other thing some time on black Friday they offer OBC and perks but they are only for new bookings not repricing .

Black Friday will have good deals, but it is not the end all be all. I don't understand why that is the threshold for buying things on CP. 

Many decades ago, I worked retail, I can 100% say that 9/10 a sale in Oct will be better than any Black Friday sale. October is a slow retail month; they will mark things down and then they jack them up in Nov so that the sale will look amazing. Often the Black Friday sale price is the same or 10% higher than the sale price in October.

28 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Black Friday will have good deals, but it is not the end all be all. I don't understand why that is the threshold for buying things on CP. 

Many decades ago, I worked retail, I can 100% say that 9/10 a sale in Oct will be better than any Black Friday sale. October is a slow retail month; they will mark things down and then they jack them up in Nov so that the sale will look amazing. Often the Black Friday sale price is the same or 10% higher than the sale price in October.

i guess i am just one of those people who like to be sure , and if the price go up i will not book and it was not meant to be !   i will not loose sleep over it , but if i book now and there is a great deal or perk i will be mad !

14 minutes ago, Sharla said:

Right, but if you book now and a great deal comes out later it can be repriced. You don't lose anything by booking earlier.

I’m confused. I thought Royal will only adjust the price within 48 hours of booking now. No more Best Price Guarantee that was available during Covid. 

Am I wrong? I hope so! I love those price drops! 

34 minutes ago, Jill said:

I’m confused. I thought Royal will only adjust the price within 48 hours of booking now. No more Best Price Guarantee that was available during Covid. 

The 48 hours thing I don't understand, but that's not what the Best Price Guarantee exactly was- that was after final payment you'd get OBC. That is gone. Price drops still happen all the time, though as the price of cruising gets higher the drops are less and less, but they happen a lot.

6 hours ago, Sharla said:

Right, but if you book now and a great deal comes out later it can be repriced. You don't lose anything by booking earlier.

yes correct on price you can reprice absolutely , but a couple years ago RCCl gave you OBC on Black Friday that is only good for new bookings that is the perk i am referring to , also some travel agencies give you OBC also if you give them the booking after the fact .  MEI does not give offer OBC i was told by one of there agents

1 hour ago, daha699 said:

yes correct on price you can reprice absolutely , but a couple years ago RCCl gave you OBC on Black Friday that is only good for new bookings that is the perk i am referring to , also some travel agencies give you OBC also if you give them the booking after the fact .  MEI does not give offer OBC

Ah.......there was a WOW sale that had OBC around Black Friday but if you repriced with anything not containing OBC you lose it. There hasn't been a WOW sale in a while, since last Black Friday I believe. I don't like the WOW sales.

1 hour ago, daha699 said:

yes correct on price you can reprice absolutely , but a couple years ago RCCl gave you OBC on Black Friday that is only good for new bookings that is the perk i am referring to , also some travel agencies give you OBC also if you give them the booking after the fact .  MEI does not give offer OBC

I just booked with MEI for 2023 and got OBC...

2 hours ago, daha699 said:

We got some great (but unexpected) treats for our Feb '23 cruise from our MEI agent [email protected]   👍😃

9 hours ago, Sharla said:

The 48 hours thing I don't understand, but that's not what the Best Price Guarantee exactly was- that was after final payment you'd get OBC. That is gone. Price drops still happen all the time, though as the price of cruising gets higher the drops are less and less, but they happen a lot.

what is the 48 Hour ?  Can you reprice new cruises or not if price drops after the 48 hours i do not understand that also ?

15 minutes ago, daha699 said:

what is the 48 Hour ?  Can you reprice new cruises or not if price drops after the 48 hours i do not understand that also ?

The 48hr thing was if you spot an advertised lower price within 48hr they will give you the new price plus a percentage of the overage as OBC.

A reprice allows you to reprice as much as you want as long as you aren't past final payment. During the restart you could reprice up to 48hr before sailing and get the difference as OBC.

6 hours ago, daha699 said:

yes correct on price you can reprice absolutely , but a couple years ago RCCl gave you OBC on Black Friday that is only good for new bookings that is the perk i am referring to , also some travel agencies give you OBC also if you give them the booking after the fact .  MEI does not give offer OBC i was told by one of there agents

MEI doesn't as a practice do rebating, but there is often OBC or a gift that we give. It's nothing automatic like the rebating agencies do, but we have the service that most of them do not. 

8 hours ago, Sharla said:

MEI doesn't as a practice do rebating, but there is often OBC or a gift that we give. It's nothing automatic like the rebating agencies do, but we have the service that most of them do not. 

maybe that is what i am referring to is the rebate obc i get $300 to $400 obc when i use certain  companies and my wife loves that and depends on that obc yes i have to keep a eye on prices if drops happen, my self and call them for reprice,   But i have no life and is on my Laptop Daily so that is the trade off and for me it is worth it.

22 hours ago, Jill said:

Piggybacking on what @Sharla said, you can still reprice the cruise up to final payment date.

The Covid Best Price Guarantee allowed reprices after final payment date.

On 10/28/2022 at 9:30 AM, Sharla said:

I really thought the best prices guarantee was part of the discontinued Cruise With Confidence program. Then we are presented with the 48 hour best price statement when booking.  Yet many folks say repricing is still an option.  I really do not know what to believe!

3 hours ago, Toby said:

I really thought the best prices guarantee was part of the discontinued Cruise With Confidence program. Then we are presented with the 48 hour best price statement when booking.  Yet many folks say repricing is still an option.  I really do not know what to believe!

I am with you Can we reprice or Not ? in this market

On 10/30/2022 at 8:19 AM, Toby said:

You can still reprice until final payment. I do it all the time!