Carnival experience

Sosoglamed

Has anyone been on the symphony of the seas within the last few months? Is it just me, or is the service giving carnival? I’ve done symphony once before in 2019 and it was the latest ship out at the the time. I’m certain this is why the service was so good, but since then 2 new ships have debuted and the service and cleanliness has gone down quite a bit.

I noticed my room smelled damped. The hallways weren’t very clean. The floors are visibly dirty. 
My friends found a live roach in their room and the staff refused to give them another room and after arguing for 2 hours finally caved and gave them another room.

The staff is not only “over it”  They look visibly miserable. It’s irksome due to the fact the cruise is sooo pricey. (I’m in a suite) 

I have so many more complaints but I’ll leave it here. Have any of you experienced this with this ship and staff? 

13 minutes ago, Sosoglamed said:

I have so many more complaints but I’ll leave it here. Have any of you experienced this with this ship and staff? 

Welcome to the messageboards.

I hoped you shared your complaints on your post-cruise survey. They can't make improvements at the corporate level if they never receive the feedback!

54 minutes ago, Sosoglamed said:

Has anyone been on the symphony of the seas within the last few months? Is it just me, or is the service giving carnival? I’ve done symphony once before in 2019 and it was the latest ship out at the the time. I’m certain this is why the service was so good, but since then 2 new ships have debuted and the service and cleanliness has gone down quite a bit.

I noticed my room smelled damped. The hallways weren’t very clean. The floors are visibly dirty. 
My friends found a live roach in their room and the staff refused to give them another room and after arguing for 2 hours finally caved and gave them another room.

The staff is not only “over it”  They look visibly miserable. It’s irksome due to the fact the cruise is sooo pricey. (I’m in a suite) 

Post Covid workforce. It’s going to get worse before it gets better. It’s difficult to maintain an expectation of a pre Covid level of service when you have a new and mostly untrained crew. Better luck next time. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 1:34 PM, AshleyDillo said:

Welcome to the messageboards.

I hoped you shared your complaints on your post-cruise survey. They can't make improvements at the corporate level if they never receive the feedback!

What’s crazy is, they never sent me an email and I waited and waited. My husband received one and of course he didn’t write anything about the experience because by the time he remembered the link expired. 

On 10/26/2022 at 2:16 PM, tonyfsu21 said:

Post Covid workforce. It’s going to get worse before it gets better. It’s difficult to maintain an expectation of a pre Covid level of service when you have a new and mostly untrained crew. Better luck next time. 

I appreciate this insight. I have clearly underestimated the effects that Covid has had on most industries. Maybe my expectations were too high. 

7 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

A live roach in a room? The only way that happens is if a passenger brings a roach on board

The crew. The food. The tenders. The dock. Etc. Etc. I think some roaches can fly too. It’ll one of those things where I think we’ve had roaches way more times in our lives but never known it. Always turn on the lights before moving around. Ask your cabin steward how many times they’ve seen roaches on the ship.

15 hours ago, mistertomatohead said:

I think some roaches can fly too.

https://cockroachfacts.com/asian-cockroach/

Correct, the Asian Cockroach in particular has fully formed wings and can fly up to 120 feet at a time.  They live in the southeastern part of the US, so it's not entirely impossible for these to stowaway aboard a cruise ship departing from Texas , Florida, etc.

On 11/9/2022 at 7:58 PM, Sosoglamed said:

The point I was trying to make is, this experience was reminiscent of a carnival experience.

Lots of people like to paint Carnival with a broad brush, and maybe there is some truth to that on their old ships.  But those are being phased out, and their new ships are very nice most with more food choices than RCCL.

The last Carnival trip we were on was way better than the Voyager trip we just had. Could be pandemic hangover and restart, but the service was first rate and the food was a lot better. They had groupings for Indian food, Mexican food, pizza, etc. Guy's burgers were "off the hook". 

On 11/9/2022 at 7:58 PM, Sosoglamed said:

The point I was trying to make is, this experience was reminiscent of a carnival experience.

This just doesn't hold water with me.  If this incident reminds you of an incident on Carnival, why not post the details?  It sounds much more like someone who's never been on a Carnival ship who just wants to talk big by talking smack about Carnival... based not on experience, but on Carnival's reputation among people who've never been on one of their ships, and don't know what they are talking about.

What's next?  Carnival is the Walmart of cruise lines?  That's one of my favorites from people who've never been.  

Just my opinion.