odyssey of the seas

Rooty

16 minutes ago, daha699 said:

Has anyone sailed on Odyssey of the seas and  i would like your comments Likes , Dislikes any information ?

Was thinking about to Aruba but it also stops at Willemstad, Curacao but i was told there is not much at this stop

Not true. This itinerary is one of the best, if not the best! Curaçao is amazing. 

23 minutes ago, daha699 said:

Has anyone sailed on Odyssey of the seas and  i would like your comments Likes , Dislikes any information ?

Was thinking about to Aruba but it also stops at Willemstad, Curacao but i was told there is not much at this stop

We too loved the itinerary... If you have any interest, here is my "live blog" from our Odyssey sailing this past FEB... Hopefully, it will give you a small taste of Odyssey and this itinerary:  

Can't speak to Odyssey, our first time on will be in January, 2024 and we're on it specifically for this itinerary.

Everyone's mileage will vary regarding their opinion of ports, but Curacao is one of our favorites.  We've only been once, we were supposed to be there this past June until a tropical storm forced an itinerary change.

You can do a general search for Curacao on this forum and you'll get lots of info and advice.  For me, it's all about the town itself and the walk from the ship to the town.  Most Curacao stops go well into the evening because the town is magnificent after dark.  The people are great, excellent shopping, there are excursions to choose from (we did the distillery and a beach break), but save time to just walk the town.  Don't be afraid to explore side streets and alley ways, you may find some hidden surprises.

35 minutes ago, PatsFanBrian said:

Can't speak to Odyssey, our first time on will be in January, 2024 and we're on it specifically for this itinerary.

Everyone's mileage will vary regarding their opinion of ports, but Curacao is one of our favorites.  We've only been once, we were supposed to be there this past June until a tropical storm forced an itinerary change.

You can do a general search for Curacao on this forum and you'll get lots of info and advice.  For me, it's all about the town itself and the walk from the ship to the town.  Most Curacao stops go well into the evening because the town is magnificent after dark.  The people are great, excellent shopping, there are excursions to choose from (we did the distillery and a beach break), but save time to just walk the town.  Don't be afraid to explore side streets and alley ways, you may find some hidden surprises.

I am debating between the Odyssey or Icon for March 2024 , i am aware 2 very different itineraries , that is were i and deciding on at the moment .

43 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

We too loved the itinerary... If you have any interest, here is my "live blog" from our Odyssey sailing this past FEB... Hopefully, it will give you a small taste of Odyssey and this itinerary:  

Do you have a youtube link also ? 

37 minutes ago, daha699 said:

Sailed on Odyssey in January. Loved it! There is plenty to do in Curacao and it's a beautiful island with a great combination of Dutch architecture with Caribbean color and flair.

If you would like a nice, quieter place to pick up some breakfast or lunch instead of the crowding and chaos that can happen in the Wind Jammer, go to the Café Two70. Check out the glass walkway that goes around the Sky Pad to see the ocean directly under your feet! The North Star has is free on port days, so make a reservation on the app to get amazing views of the island you're visiting. 

48 minutes ago, daha699 said:

Do you have a youtube link also ? 

No, I'm not that advanced yet, LOL! 😎

Just started posting the live blogs here over the last few years... inspired by all of the great people on our forum! I have our Allure (2019), Oasis (2021) & Odyssey (2022) "live blogs" linked at the bottom of my posts (Upcoming/Past Cruises) highlighted in blue.

2 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

We are sailing Odyssey and that itinerary in April and look forward to reading your blog!

We ended up doing the Aruba, Curacao itinerary twice in a row because of the ships.

We did it on Odyssey the first time. Odyssey is a lovely, beautiful classy ship. There's plenty of fun or chill things to do and the technology in the rooms will spoil the crap out of you.

As for the ports - Curacao has plenty to do as well. On the first time, we did a local drive-around tour which ended with a stop at the liqueur factory. I loved seeing the historical places and the colorful architecture even beyond the port area.

this past August we went back and opted for a resort pass which I wrote about here (spoiler - lovely stay do recommend):