Best day to do Chef's Table

R Turner

Chef's Table is a fantastic time: equal parts food, wine, and social experience with the other foodies around you.

A few considerations:

• Select an evening where you can devote 3 hours to this meal. Don't pick an evening that has activities you want to go to (headliner show, Love & Marriage show, comedian, etc). You're going to miss those activities because you'll still be at Chef's Table.  
  • Other evenings you'll be going to the Main Dining Room. If you haven't yet download the Royal Caribbean app, do so now, select your cruise, go to Dining, then Main Dining Room. You can browse the rotating menus, and go to Chef's Table on a night where the Main Dining Room food doesn't interest you as much. 
  • Some minor points on each day: 
    • Day 1: May not be the best idea - you'll will be busy, and you'll want to decompress and just enjoy the ship. 
    • Day 2:  May be good, as a positive experience at Chef's Table will put you in good spirits for the rest of your cruise
    • Day 3: If you're planning on an intense day in Cozumel, make sure you can get back in time to shower, change, and arrive for the start of your meal
    • Day 4: If you can get fully packed and ready to walk off the ship the next morning PRIOR to your Chef's Table start time, this would work as well.  

With that itinerary, I would opt for Day 2 (sea day). This most likely will be the Formal/Dress your best night. The" suggested " attire for Chef's Table is the same..

Last night of cruise would not be a good choice (unless you are a fast packer) because of the duration of the experience and the time to get your luggage outside your SR the night before departure.

1 hour ago, michaelp1446 said:

With that itinerary, I would opt for Day 2 (sea day). This most likely will be the Formal/Dress your best night. The" suggested " attire for Chef's Table is the same..

Last night of cruise would not be a good choice (unless you are a fast packer) because of the duration of the experience and the time to get your luggage outside your SR the night before departure.

Is lobster still served in the MDR on formal nights?  I'd hate to miss out on lobster.

4 hours ago, Bankai said:

Is lobster still served in the MDR on formal nights?  I'd hate to miss out on lobster.

I dined at the Chef's Table during MDR's lobster night aboard Oasis last summer.

Guess what got added to the filet mignon course? Our chef for the evening skipped over to the MDR's kitchens and personally selected the best lobster tails to plate alongside the steak. They were the best lobster tails I've seen aboard a Royal ship.

5 hours ago, Bankai said:

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Usually not on the shorter sailings.

Yes and no. @AshleyDillois correct on the shorter sailings. On 7-night sailings, Lobster Night is on Day 6, which coincides with the second formal night.