Checking In

mike2608

45 minutes ago, mike2608 said:

Vaccination cards are no longer necessary?

Unless I'm missing something (entirely possible 🤪)... Generally speaking, vaccination is no longer required, but unvaccinated apparently must still Covid test pre-cruise (see policy link and guidelines at bottom). So, I guess you still need to show/scan your vax card if you want to avoid the pre-testing requirement. How else would they know you are vaccinated?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-vaccines-are-required-to-travel-on-a-cruise

image.thumb.png.5d96beaf85170f2ca99e706da06fefa0.png

However, unvaccinated apparently still must pre-test in order to board:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#united-states

image.thumb.png.53ddd4b0a2a81698afa7f1498c75ad35.png

49 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Unless I'm missing something (entirely possible 🤪)... Generally speaking, vaccination is no longer required, but unvaccinated apparently must still Covid test pre-cruise (see policy link and guidelines at bottom). So, I guess you still need to show/scan your vax card if you want to avoid the pre-testing requirement. How else would they know you are vaccinated?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-vaccines-are-required-to-travel-on-a-cruise

image.thumb.png.5d96beaf85170f2ca99e706da06fefa0.png

In September I was asked for my Vax card for a Canada cruise-though thinking back, they asked if I was vaccinated and I immediately flipped my passport to the vax card I have clipped into my passport book.They did not even look. In mid October I was not asked to show my vax card for the identical sailing, hhey only asked if I was vaccinated.  
BTW-today was the very last day Royal required vaccination for cruises to Bermuda.

I used to be a web-only check-in guy and felt more in control and less apt to make mistakes using the keypad and computer screen.  But after taking the suggestion of members these boards a couple cruises ago, I started checking my wife and I in with the app and won't go back.  Being able to scan in our passports and snap photos from the app really speeds up the check-in process.  I thought my usual fumbling with the small keypad on my phone would slow me down compared to the online check-in process but it never did.  Or maybe I'm just better tapping small keys on my phone than I have been giving myself credit for. 😅