New Years Eve Cruises

We are now booked on Harmony of the Seas New Years eve sailing, does anyone knows if:

A) Royal keeps christmas decoration for NYE cruise?ç

B) Is there any kind of new year party? Or any kind of big event related to new year? 

This is going to be our first time sailing for new year and would love to know whats going to happen haha! Thank you so much

I was on Harmony for this past new years eve. There were Christmas decorations up but my cruise went from Dec 26 to Jan 2. They were taking decorations down during the cruise.

They did have parties but because of covid the parties were kind of spread out across the ship and we still had to mask. It was one of the formal nights so there were a lot more people dressed up than a usual formal night. Should be better this year.

1 hour ago, octaviocloss said:

We are now booked on Harmony of the Seas New Years eve sailing, does anyone knows if:

A) Royal keeps christmas decoration for NYE cruise?ç

B) Is there any kind of new year party? Or any kind of big event related to new year? 

This is going to be our first time sailing for new year and would love to know whats going to happen haha! Thank you so much

Our Odyssey NYE Sailing 21/22 did indeed have the Christmas Décor still up. There were at least 3 parties on NYE in different parts of the ship. I have to imagine this would be fleetwide.

I've only been on one, so YMMV. But the one time I was on a New Year's Cruise, they did have a champagne toast at midnight on the promenade. But the party itself was the same night as one of their usual dance parties. So I can't say what they would do if New Year's Eve fell on a night when a party wasn't already scheduled. But I can say they didn't really make a huge deal of hyping New Year's, other than saying the champagne would be available at midnight. 

I can’t recall which ship it was on, but one year they had a big NYE party on the Promenade and sold tables up on the elevated walkways (where The Village People perform during the 70’s party) for outrageous amounts $$$$.  I can’t remember exact amounts but I remember that those tables cost more than $1K for the evening. Doubtful that it went over that well b/c I haven’t seen another such event since.

We have only been one so far (Indy 2018). Yes, they still had Christmas decor up, the main party was in the promenade, there were smaller parties in other bars and lounges, and they had a special NYE themed menu in the MDR.

We are doing another NYE sailing on Symphony this year and then booked for NYE next year on Odyssey. Can't wait!

We were on Oasis for NYE 19-20.  Here's the USA Today level summary with a couple of pictures...

- Most holiday decorations came down starting 12/30 and were gone by 12/31.

- Big promenade party.  Tables at Schooner, Rising Tide, Promenade Floor available for reservation - Starting cost $500 and up (and up).

- Specialty dining and Chops/150/Jamies on NYE did not accommodate UDP.  ~$100pp upcharge

- Party favors provided to all guests at MDR seats.   Special MDR Menu.

- Lots of champagne bottle sharing (remember pre-Covid)

- Lots of slow moving people the next morning for stop in Jamaica

Oasis NYE1.jpeg

Oasis NYE4.jpeg

Oasis NYE3.jpeg

Oasis NYE2.jpeg

53 minutes ago, BDunn said:

We were on Oasis for NYE 19-20.  Here's the USA Today level summary with a couple of pictures...

The RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com Group Cruise on Freedom for NYE 19-20 was the same. They had a party on the pool deck and in Studio B and in the Promenade where they did a balloon drop. They sold reserved tables out on the Promenade, too.