Drinks

We are scheduled to set sail in 2 weeks on the Symphony! We are debating on the Non-alcoholic beverage package and are wondering…. Are drinks included with your meals, be that at the buffet or in the main dining or wherever? Or do you purchase drinks separately there? Is the drink package for the times in between meals? Thanks in advance!

We had the refreshment package on Allure in September.  Any time we went to WJ we would order lattes, etc and fresh squeezed orange juice.  No problem getting them. The waiter would send someone down to Cafe Promenade for the lattes, etc.  Not sure where they had to go for the OJ but it always arrived and was delish!

I don't understand why people are asking this question 2 week prior to the cruise. Why did they not do this when they booked the cruise?

If they are 1st time cruisers who ever got them in or helped them book should have given them more info. I feel sad for them for waiting to do this so close to their sail date.

I book my drink, dining, and excursions at a min of 1 year in advance to get the best price.

I find the Refreshment Package is well worth the money - especially if you drink a lot of bottled water.  Keep extra bottled water in your stateroom to drink overnight, so you don't need to get up out of bed.  Bring bottled water with you on your shore excursions, especially in warm climates where you're away from bars/restaurants, to prevent dehydration.

If you don't drink alcohol, and you want more than the basic free drinks, then the Refreshment Package is a must in my opinion.  Fresh squeezed juice, lattes, sodas, smoothies, shakes, all included.  You can drink most every non-alcoholic drink carefree.  (The only exception I am aware of is the Starbucks kiosk - it's run as an actual Starbucks store and your package will not work there.)

Also, as mentioned in previous posts, use your Refreshment Package at any meal in any restaurant.  Have at that fresh juice or latte!

We usually get the Refreshment Package. I NEED my fancy coffee in the morning, and will usually pick up a water as well. Then there is the fresh squeezed orange juice and my personal favorite way to get fat on a cruise, fancy mocktails! I will down quite a few in a day, making it WELL worth it! I tried just getting the coffee card last time and had to really monitor my mocktail consumption, which probably saved me some calories, but at what cost????

21 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

I don't understand why people are asking this question 2 week prior to the cruise. Why did they not do this when they booked the cruise?

If they are 1st time cruisers who ever got them in or helped them book should have given them more info. I feel sad for them for waiting to do this so close to their sail date.

I book my drink, dining, and excursions at a min of 1 year in advance to get the best price.

Mrs Fan and I are going on an Alaskan cruise with our grown kids and spouses in June (4 cabins). I check prices for add-ons almost daily. Several are soda drinkers. The soda refreshment package went on sale for $6.99/day the other day. I blasted out a group text and told them that it was the lowest price I had seen in months and they should grab it. I even said that they could cancel later if they decided differently.  None bought, one told me that he hadn't looked at my text (Ok Boomer). Well, the price is at the "sale" price of $8.99/day now. 

Lead a horse to water, something, something. 

2 hours ago, FSUFAN said:

Mrs Fan and I are going on an Alaskan cruise with our grown kids and spouses in June (4 cabins). I check prices for add-ons almost daily. Several are soda drinkers. The soda refreshment package went on sale for $6.99/day the other day. I blasted out a group text and told them that it was the lowest price I had seen in months and they should grab it. I even said that they could cancel later if they decided differently.  None bought, one told me that he hadn't looked at my text (Ok Boomer). Well, the price is at the "sale" price of $8.99/day now. 

Lead a horse to water, something, something. 

That is just crazy that they would ignore good advice like that.

Oh well, at least you saved on your package.

10 hours ago, TeRriii said:

What can I order with Refreshment Package in Specialty Restaurant like Chops or Jamie's ? Asking for virgin version from the drink menu or you can order outside the drink menu ? Is it possible to order juice or any specialty coffee in specialty restaurant ?  

They will have some alcoholic free options on the menu. You can look at the drink menu on the app.

As far as Chops it will be mostly specialty coffee as they push wine with the entrees and not specialty cocktails. Jamie's have some Italian style mocktails available, but again they are pairing wines more so with their dishes, so not really any drinks that they can make virgin.

15 hours ago, TeRriii said:

What can I order with Refreshment Package in Specialty Restaurant like Chops or Jamie's ? Asking for virgin version from the drink menu or you can order outside the drink menu ? Is it possible to order juice or any specialty coffee in specialty restaurant ?  

When I order a mixed drink from Chops….on Oasis they went to the trellis bar. On Adventure they went to the Schooner bar.  Those bars also do virgin drinks.  They aren’t going to turn you down, unless perhaps that bar doesn’t have  the ingredients for what you want, in which case your server will let you know.

1 hour ago, Laura B said:

but can I go to a bar and order a drink and ask them to add rum or whatever and pay a “shot” fee or something like that?

You can order the shot at the menu shot price and add it to your refreshment package drink, yes. If you order a frozen alcoholic drink it's at full menu price.