Beyond April 2024 Itineraries that aren't Icon of the Seas release dates?

On 2/22/2023 at 9:59 AM, JasonOasis said:

I'm wondering the same thing, as of right now starting with their November 2024 schedule and onward into 2025 Royal has 14 ships without a published schedule.  I'm wondering if Utopia and to a certain extent China are the problem.   I'm thinking Royal is probably trying to figure out if demand in China will be strong enough to justify sending an Oasis Class ship to China. If the answer is no and demand in China hasn't recovered to justify an Oasis Class ship Royal then has to figure out what to do with 6 Oasis Class ships and an Icon Class ship.  

Of course one Oasis Class ship will be sailing out of Galveston, but that still would leave 5 Oasis Class ships and Icon sailing out of Florida.  It would be nice to see Royal homeport an Oasis Class in San Juan for the winter season and sail it to the Southern Caribbean or even to Columbia and ports of call near Panama canal (I know Oasis Class ships can't go through the canal) but if ports in the Southern Caribbean and Central America can handle an Oasis Class ship why not homeport a ship in San Juan.

Whatever the wrench is that is holding up the winter 2024/2025 schedule Royal needs to figure it out fast and get their schedule up and open for sale. The competition already has most of their schedule posted and open for sale.

How is the Mediterranean year round?  I’ve never cruised it before, I know Royal typically is only seasonal there, but there are other lines that have large ships there year round, wonder if that is a possibility for Utopia or Wonder (as they have enclosed solariums) if China is not an option 

1 hour ago, Geoff P said:

How is the Mediterranean year round?  I’ve never cruised it before, I know Royal typically is only seasonal there, but there are other lines that have large ships there year round, wonder if that is a possibility for Utopia or Wonder (as they have enclosed solariums) if China is not an option 

Unlikely they'll deploy an Oasis class for the first winter season (should they decide to go year round), more likely to be a middling to smaller ship. But hey, anything's better than nothing.

Did Harmony's last Med cruise before the Transatlantic several years ago in mid-October and it was starting to get too cold in the region for that type of ship, pool deck at night wasn't always pleasant and we encountered some rain which affected the Boardwalk and AquaTheater. I think though that a Radiance or Quantum Class could work.

It feels like Canaveral is losing the 3/4 bahamas route in mid-late 2024 ?

I see Allure on that route from late 2023 to mid 2024 and then Allure moves to Miami - apparently replacing Freedom.

Liberty shows up doing the 3/4 out of Lauderdale still but I cant find a 3/4 out of Canaveral in the second half of '24.

Seems odd that Royal would drop that cruise but I dont see a lot of ships showing up as "undeployed" still 😞

7 hours ago, Geoff P said:

I personally wouldn't really consider cruising in the Med between November and March. However, the Canary Islands and Madeira, both of which are farther south, off the coast of Africa, are popular winter sun holiday spots with folks from all over Europe. Cruises in that area over the winter months could work very well.

1 hour ago, Chili said:

There’s speculation Royal will be going back to Hong Kong.Forgot about Shanghai it’s still to uncertain.

If they go back to Hong Kong it will be with Spectrum.
The big question is ,what will replace Spectrum in Singapore??

Anthem?

10 hours ago, Chili said:

I think you are on the money, there’s not enough ports for a Oasis class.

Plus, the only other ships still to be deployed are Ovation and Quantum and I'd reckon it's a fairly safe bet they'll be heading your way.

I read that Anthem is due for dry dock in 2025, so I could see her perhaps heading to Singapore for that and just staying there. I'd like to see her do the 2024-2025 winter season here in Europe first though. That would be a pretty cool repo if they did it as a revenue sailing...