Orlando and Miami on your own from the cruise port

Susie

I will be on the cruise and will have port of call in Orlando and Miami. I had been cruises a while but really never explore both ports other than theme park. we will be in Orlando on Monday from 12 pm to 8 pm. and Miami will be on Thursday from 7 am to 5 pm. My questions are anyone do excursion on your own at Orlando and Miami? How hard to get Taxi, Uber or Lytf to come pick you up at the cruise port? What do you all do at Miami and Orlando? Much appreciate your suggestions.

@Susie, we may be on the same ship; Anthem leaving this Saturday. I am staying on the ship for Port Canaveral, not much nearby worth the trip for me. For Miami, I lived in South Beach my adult life until a few years ago. You can easily get an Uber or Lyft and head to where calls you. Personally, I recommend South Beach as it offers so much. You have the beautiful free beaches, cafes, people watching, great food (including Cuban food), drinks, unique boutiques, funky shops, galleries, you name it. May I suggest you walk Ocean Dr as you will recognize images of it, but do not eat or drink there. Huge tourist trap prices. Walk over to Lincoln Rd (perpendicular to Ocean, right after Ocean ends and Collins becomes ocean front, between 16th and 17th) and do Lincoln. All I mentioned above can be found there. 

1 hour ago, Ryan79 said:

Lyft and Uber isn’t an issue in the least. You won’t actually be in Orlando, you will be in Port Canaveral. Orlando is about an hour away. With that said, farting around Cocoa Beach or South Beach isn’t a bad way to kill some time. 

LOL!! You are right. I don't know why I said Orlando. Thank you for the suggestions.

46 minutes ago, Adriana said:

@Susie, we may be on the same ship; Anthem leaving this Saturday. I am staying on the ship for Port Canaveral, not much nearby worth the trip for me. For Miami, I lived in South Beach my adult life until a few years ago. You can easily get an Uber or Lyft and head to where calls you. Personally, I recommend South Beach as it offers so much. You have the beautiful free beaches, cafes, people watching, great food (including Cuban food), drinks, unique boutiques, funky shops, galleries, you name it. May I suggest you walk Ocean Dr as you will recognize images of it, but do not eat or drink there. Huge tourist trap prices. Walk over to Lincoln Rd (perpendicular to Ocean, right after Ocean ends and Collins becomes ocean front, between 16th and 17th) and do Lincoln. All I mentioned above can be found there. 

Yes, we will be on the same cruise. This will be my first cruise since 2019. Booked Oasis for 2020 but had to cancel. Funny is I had never been use Uber or Lyft. Thinking the same thing that will possible staying on the ship for the Port Canaveral stop but not sure yet. For Miami I am thinking of "Little Havana" and "Air Boat".  Thank you for answering my questions. 

@Susie, same here, have not cruised in a few years since my last one was cancelled. The air boats are pretty neat. The Everglades are beautiful. It depends on what you are into, but the Everglades are more unique. Little Havana is cool, but unless you want to learn about it, it is not all that exciting. But, that is from someone who has been there often. I may go for lunch at Versailles (I def miss the Cuban food…pronounce it the Miami way; Ver sai yes) and Mass nearby or my old home; South Beach. Whatever you do, it will be a good time!