Repricing a shore excursion

mills10

Hi everyone. Last night we just booked an excursion through the planner for our first Royal Caribbean cruise. I've seen people mention on here if you see a sale on an excursion you have booked that you can cancel your reservation and rebook it at the lower price. 

My question is how do you do that? I have looked around the site and can't see an option to cancel the excursion. Do you have to call to do it?

Just wondering about the process in case what we have booked goes on sale for black Friday.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, mills10 said:

Hi everyone. Last night we just booked an excursion through the planner for our first Royal Caribbean cruise. I've seen people mention on here if you see a sale on an excursion you have booked that you can cancel your reservation and rebook it at the lower price. 

My question is how do you do that? I have looked around the site and can't see an option to cancel the excursion. Do you have to call to do it?

Just wondering about the process in case what we have booked goes on sale for black Friday.

Thanks!

Also, happy to report the refund process/turnaround time appears to be back to "normal". We cancelled/repurchased a couple of items in the Cruise Planner over the last month and each time our CC was credited with the refund literally in 2 days (business). If you used onboard credit (OBC) for the purchase, it should be credited back immediately to your Cruise Planner.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 6:14 AM, JohnK6404 said:

Also, happy to report the refund process/turnaround time appears to be back to "normal". We cancelled/repurchased a couple of items in the Cruise Planner over the last month and each time our CC was credited with the refund literally in 2 days (business). If you used onboard credit (OBC) for the purchase, it should be credited back immediately to your Cruise Planner.

Wow this thread was very helpful! Thank you for this post and seeing it through.

On 10/23/2022 at 3:14 PM, JohnK6404 said:

How did you use OBC for the purchase? I'm assuming from what you typed that you did this before boarding, so I'm curious what that process is.

1 hour ago, Cactus527 said:

How did you use OBC for the purchase? I'm assuming from what you typed that you did this before boarding, so I'm curious what that process is.

There are many ways to get OBC prior to your cruise and it will appear in the Cruise Planner and will therefore be available for pre-cruise purchases. Cruises booked through NextCruise tend to come with OBC as a perk along with a reduced deposit. Generally, you get $100 OBC for booking a balcony cabin through NextCruise (amount varies based on cabin type and possibly length of sailing).

Royal sometimes offers OBC as a perk for booking a cruise during certain promotions. We received an additional $50 OBC when we booked our January sailing since they were running a promo at that time. Sometimes travel agencies also offer credits which are added to the Cruise Planner as OBC.

We spent ours, but our friend has $100 credit that she has not used yet… although it states for pre-cruise purchases, generally any unused OBC transfers to your onboard account for use during the sailing.

image.thumb.png.8bae05a7dd1ac45a60b7c4fed37a5247.png

12 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

There are many ways to get OBC prior to your cruise and it will appear in the Cruise Planner and will therefore be available for pre-cruise purchases. Cruises booked through NextCruise tend to come with OBC as a perk along with a reduced deposit. Generally, you get $100 OBC for booking a balcony cabin through NextCruise (amount varies based on cabin type and possibly length of sailing).

Royal sometimes offers OBC as a perk for booking a cruise during certain promotions. We received an additional $50 OBC when we booked our January sailing since they were running a promo at that time. Sometimes travel agencies also offer credits which are added to the Cruise Planner as OBC.

We spent ours, but our friend has $100 credit that she has not used yet… although it states for pre-cruise purchases, generally any unused OBC transfers to your onboard account for use during the sailing.

image.thumb.png.8bae05a7dd1ac45a60b7c4fed37a5247.png

SUPER helpful! Thank you so much for taking the time to explain it to me!!!!

32 minutes ago, memebag said:

There is no order history in my cruise planner.

Screenshot-2022-11-07-091244.png

Make sure you aren't doing this from the main page before you actually hit "plan my cruise".  If you hit "plan my cruise" and then look at the top, your order history should be added to that drop down list.  If it's not even there, call Royal Caribbean to reprice it.

11 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Make sure you aren't doing this from the main page before you actually hit "plan my cruise".  If you hit "plan my cruise" and then look at the top, your order history should be added to that drop down list.  If it's not even there, call Royal Caribbean to reprice it.

Aha! That was it, thank you!

As a part time UI developer, that's a needlessly confusing design.