xSAILEDx Icon of the Seas (Maiden Voyage) - Jan 27, 2024 - Feb 3, 2024 (7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)

18 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Well, I am in.......I booked a refundable interior GTY because that was all they had in an acceptable price range. It was still close to 5K but this will be my first inaugural and I hope to meet most of you.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 4:45 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I saw that! I wondered why too. We all know that Intercontinental is the far superior of the two. 😉

They do have the Starbucks in the lobby.

The Intercontinental is where I usually head to when I'm flying or bussing in solo for a cruise the morning of. It's cheaper to take the Metro and Peoplemover there to order the Uber/Lyft to the port than getting it from the airport. 😂

On 3/5/2023 at 1:58 AM, SpeedNoodles said:

Wait, what?

The Metrorail is $2.25 from the airport and the Peoplemover is free. It can get you within a block of the Intercontinental. If you aren't on a time crunch and are able bodied and can drag your own luggage up/down stairs, it's an option.

• 2 months later...

Hey all, super excited to join all of you on this Maiden Voyage, had no idea there was a roll call on here as well, I started one via Cruise Critic. Super stoked to see the ship, plus I'm booked in the Family Oceanview and seeing the shipyard tour just posted so cool to see the room being real and actually built. Bit of a scoop as well, but my roommate actually helped design parts of Icon, sadly not all is revealed yet so he's still shush, but I cannot wait for him to see his designs another others actually in the flesh! I've studied Royal Caribbean Naval Architecture for years, really since the Freedom class was pre construction (ps does anyone remember the interactive website they had, it was so cool!) I even recall seeing the outline of the Oasis, back in Genesis days, on Popular Mechanics and floored by how amazing it is with Royal's design philosophy. I always dreamed of sailing Oasis and last year got the chance, now with Icon on the horizon, I'm giddy having the chance and opportunity to sail as one of her first paying passengers, with all of you! This ship's media trickle has been such a tease and I cannot wait to see Icon in all her full glory (PS I think I'm going to use the day at CocoCay to film and get 360 pictures of the ship)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My wife and I will be there.

Question for you...Since this is a new class of ship, do you think our cruise will be at full capacity or not?  I tend to believe Royal Caribbean would like to get stellar reviews from us on this cruise, so they may not want to fill it to capacity on the first cruise. 

And if they only filled it half full, wouldn't it be easier for the new staff to learn the ship?  Just throwing it out there.  I know online it looks very full, but maybe they didn't open all of the cabins for booking.

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2023 at 5:03 PM, Wisdom said:

My wife and I will be there.

Question for you...Since this is a new class of ship, do you think our cruise will be at full capacity or not?  I tend to believe Royal Caribbean would like to get stellar reviews from us on this cruise, so they may not want to fill it to capacity on the first cruise. 

And if they only filled it half full, wouldn't it be easier for the new staff to learn the ship?  Just throwing it out there.  I know online it looks very full, but maybe they didn't open all of the cabins for booking.

I'm not an expert on the matter but I'd highly doubt that. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...