Icon's first sail date - January 28th or January 27th?

1 hour ago, PG Cruiser said:

My TA @Jacki_MEI told me that they have received confirmation that it is indeed January 27, 2024

Does this mean they have changed their original plans to sail out of Southampton first before heading stateside? 

Or is that date the 1st US sailings after ones in the UK? 

22 minutes ago, Ray said:

Does this mean they have changed their original plans to sail out of Southampton first before heading stateside? 

Or is that date the 1st US sailings after ones in the UK? 

According to Matt's article on the home page, it appears Southampton is not happening. 

29 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Yes, Southampton is not happening.

Thats a shame for anyone who wanted to cruise on Icon, but its life and things change, just have to accept it.

Being honest just read Matts article on Icon and its  not for me! Love anything water related including water parks but i just look at the photos and think WTF is that!!

12 minutes ago, Ray said:

Thats a shame for anyone who wanted to cruise on Icon, but its life and things change, just have to accept it.

Being honest just read Matts article on Icon and its  not for me! Love anything water related including water parks but i just look at the photos and think WTF is that!!

Not a fan of water activities myself.  But I do enjoy watching people having fun at the pools, slides, and other water features. 

10 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Not a fan of water activities myself.  But I do enjoy watching people having fun at the pools, slides, and other water features. 

My love of water is that bad that i was on a small boat in Perth Australia when someone spotted a Dolphin, my wife went to take a photo of it and got a shot of me instead diving into the water to swim with the Dolphin. 

Must admit didn't stay in the water long...well not after someone said " hope there's no sharks as well" 

29 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

This is us exactly. We spend a lot of time just enjoying the sea air while watching people on the flowrider.

22 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

This is us exactly. We spend a lot of time just enjoying the sea air while watching people on the flowrider.

There were so many times I've been mistaken for a security officer, especially with my spoof crew shirts and Royal cap, just because my recreation of choice is making rounds of the pool decks and the promenade.

5 hours ago, SebagoSue said:

I see December 21, 2024 as a holiday sailing, but I don’t see December 28, 2024 anywhere.  Am I missing it? I didn’t see it on the earlier incorrect deployment schedule either.

Strange, maybe Royal has some sort of special plan in mind for the New Year's sailing.