Disembarkation> Earliest flight?

Censored

Air2Sea had me booked on a flight after a cruise disembarking from Ft Lauderdale.  Its now been changed to 11:05 am.  Im not even sure thats within the parameters of their guidelines .   I would have to hope to be one of the first to get off the ship and uber quickly to the airport. Is this too risky? Any experiences this early?   thx

11 minutes ago, Censored said:

Air2Sea had me booked on a flight after a cruise disembarking from Ft Lauderdale.  Its now been changed to 11:05 am.  Im not even sure thats within the parameters of their guidelines .   I would have to hope to be one of the first to get off the ship and uber quickly to the airport. Is this too risky? Any experiences this early?   thx

Most people like to wait until noon, but we have a similar situation in Barcelona with Air2Sea booking us at 11.  When we questioned the time, our travel agent told us that Air2Sea wouldn't book a flight we couldn't make -- it is wrapped into their service policy.  You can check your itinerary for arrival time (we're getting to port at 6 AM on our cruise).  As back-up, I researched later flight times and recorded the details.

11 minutes ago, Censored said:

In Lauderdale we have never had a problem with getting off and to the airport early. We actually took a flight out at 10 one time and in January our flight out of FLL is scheduled at 10:55am.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

Port Everglades is very close to FLL, the ship can see the airport and vice versa. Air2Sea won't schedule you on a flight you cannot make. 11:05 is very doable even with checking bags and a late disembarkment around 8.

The only acceptable time within Air2Sea parameters is 11:30 am. , so they pushed me to 4:30pm  Joy.

4 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

Most people like to wait until noon, but we have a similar situation in Barcelona with Air2Sea booking us at 11.  When we questioned the time, our travel agent told us that Air2Sea wouldn't book a flight we couldn't make -- it is wrapped into their service policy.  You can check your itinerary for arrival time (we're getting to port at 6 AM on our cruise).  As back-up, I researched later flight times and recorded the details.

yup, when I called to confirm 11:05 am they rejected it and pushed me forward to 4:30pm

4 hours ago, Censored said:

The only acceptable time within Air2Sea parameters is 11:30 am. , so they pushed me to 4:30pm  Joy.

Which is why I decided against Air2Sea on my return flight. Most times I found a cheaper flight on the return from the actual airline. Post cruise I no longer require the "benefits" they offer.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

Which is why I decided against Air2Sea on my return flight. Most times I found a cheaper flight on the return from the actual airline. Post cruise I no longer require the "benefits" they offer.

Oh wow can you book one-way to the ship via Air2Sea? I see Round-Trip listed as a query item in my search but it's greyed out and I can't change it. 

2 hours ago, DDaley said:

Oh wow can you book one-way to the ship via Air2Sea? I see Round-Trip listed as a query item in my search but it's greyed out and I can't change it. 

Yes, you can, I booked one-way when I did my S2S in Jan 2022 because I had to fly in the day of the cruise. I hope they didn't change it.

18 hours ago, DDaley said:

16 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Yes, you can, I booked one-way when I did my S2S in Jan 2022 because I had to fly in the day of the cruise. I hope they didn't change it.

16 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

this is news to me.  I thought it must be a return flight . I will look into this. thx