xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - Jul 28, 2023 - Aug 4, 2023 (7 Night Perfect Day Bahamas Cruise)

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Oasis of the Seas - Jul 28, 2023 - Aug 4, 2023 (7 Night Perfect Day Bahamas Cruise)
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just in case anyone is considering this cruise…the prices are lower today than any other time I have checked.  Since I booked I have reduced my price 3 times…today is number 4!   My 5 OV balcony rooms now total $5000 LESS than when I first booked!  Very excited to save these dollars since we are treating our family…every penny saved helps!  😆 

• 1 month later...

Hello and good morning to you…just in case you are booked on this sailing!  We are a little more than 4 months away from this cruise.  Actually it’s 130 days and counting. 🤭  At last check of prices…holy cow…they have soared!  All the deals I found even after I originally booked this have long sailed away…lol…!!!

Anyway…my grandkids are finally showing a tiny bit of excitement but keep telling me it won’t seem real until after they finish the school year (that’s their biggest countdown right now) and have started summer vacation!  
Me?  I’ve been excited since I booked 🥳🤗😆!  

Anyone else on this?  Just thought I would check.

• 1 month later...

Hey there! We will be on this sailing.  It's a family cruise, with me and my husband and our 10 yr old son, along with my SIL and her family (husband and 2 boys, aged 7 and 4), and my MIL AND FIL, who are both RC  Diamond Members and cruising veterans, having been on well over 15 various voyages, all RC ships.  For the rest of us? We are ALLLL first time cruisers and are beyond excited.  I have been reading every blog on here that has to do with Oasis of the seas and Perfect Day, my husband and I honeymooned in Nassau, and are looking forward to returning, leaning toward getting a day pass for our honeymoon resort, and sending our son off with Grammom and popop for that day.  We are really looking forward to all of it TBH.  Considering renting a waterpark cabana for our day in Cocoa Cay, as I saw that recommendation on this site and it made a lot of sense for us as we are likely to have at least five or six who are planning to do the waterpark anyway so it will be nice to have a base camp so to speak.  Excited for more tips and any advice from seasoned cruisers, see you on the ship! 

• 3 weeks later...

Since I first started this roll call we added 4 more to our group.  My SisterInLaw, my niece, my nephew, and a close family friend.  So 17 in all.  My son has been on the Facebook group for this cruise..lol even at 43 he is super excited!!!

I reserved 2 cabanas at South Beach. 

34 days until check-in!

• 2 weeks later...

Ten weeks is going to fly by, my husband and I had a vacation already booked for July 15-22nd for us and our ten yr old, prior to finding out the in-laws had plans to surprise us with this cruise so we are basically on vacation for most of July 😂 we have a week at the beach house that we rent every year in North Wildwood NJ, then we will get home and have 6 days until we leave on Oasis. I have always said I needed a vacation after my vacation, so this will be a test of that strategy moving forward hahaha!, Nothing better to help relax after the stress of returning to work after being gone for a week than leaving for another week on a cruise hahaha 🤣 let's do it! 

Another benefit-having a great post-beach-vacation tan to look out best in our new cruise wardrobe, 😄😜

Some info…when I originally booked this cruise I chose early sitting for our MDR meals…at that time it was 5:30pm.  Then Royal decided that wasn’t early enough and changed it to 5:00pm!  My adult kids were concerned that time would really cut into their sunshine time, etc… so early last week I called to change the time to late seating, which is now 7:30pm.  I have all 7 rooms linked to mine so I do all the communications with Royal for everyone.  Customer service rep placed all 17 of us on the waitlist.  To my surprise…I noticed last night that we have all been assigned 7:30pm seating!  The only night this will be a problem is night 3 as we have reserved the 8:15pm Aquatheater show.  We decided not to take a chance changing that time so we plan to find alternative dining for that night.

My entire family is finally getting 😆 excited!  It’s about time!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Just 19 days to go and everyone is anxiously awaiting this one!  
We’ll have the whole gang (17 including me and hubby) at our house July 21st for a pre-cruise party to go over final details with everyone, especially the first timers.  Planning a mock cocktail drink for the kiddos with an alcoholic version for adults.  A summertime dinner menu is in the planning stages.  
I’m making gift bags for all…including clear luggage tags with the printed tags inside, ginger candies, a couple of tagged ducks for each person to hide, printed boarding passes, passport holders, morning snacks for the road (we are all driving to Bayonne from RI),  magnetic hooks, and towel clips.  I also have my grandkids coming over this week to design and create magnets for the 7 doors!  I’ll post a picture or two later this week.  They are super excited for this activity. 🤗

Well the time is just about here.  Today we all completed the health questions and I am just about fully packed.  31 hours from this very minute we will be in our vehicles, driving on 95S…heading to the port.  That gives us plenty of time for a stop or 2 and still make it to the port for our boarding time.

Everyone is super excited and a few of my grandchildren are a bit nervous.  Understandable as they have never cruised before so I have been doing my best to calm their fears.  Won’t be long and I will see whether I succeeded or not.  😆 

What a crazy morning in Bayonne!  The Oasis did not dock until a little after 7:30am which was about 1 1/2 hours late.  Total chaos at the port when we arrived around 10.  Disembarkation did not finish from the previous cruise until after 11 so no one could park until the lots were empty!  Gridlock lasted close to 1 1/2 hours until we finally parked around 11:45.  Waited about 20 minutes in line to go through security.  We could see that no one was boarding yet.  I believe it was close to Noon or even a bit later when they announced boarding was starting.  Once we got through security we were sent to the suites entry, even though we are not in suites, and got right on.  Rest of the day was great.

On 7/28/2023 at 10:56 PM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

What a crazy morning in Bayonne!  The Oasis did not dock until a little after 7:30am which was about 1 1/2 hours late.  Total chaos at the port when we arrived around 10.  Disembarkation did not finish from the previous cruise until after 11 so no one could park until the lots were empty!  Gridlock lasted close to 1 1/2 hours until we finally parked around 11:45.  Waited about 20 minutes in line to go through security.  We could see that no one was boarding yet.  I believe it was close to Noon or even a bit later when they announced boarding was starting.  Once we got through security we were sent to the suites entry, even though we are not in suites, and got right on.  Rest of the day was great.

Glad rest of the day was great! Did you end up parking in the parking garage or outside lot?

On 7/30/2023 at 7:36 AM, YellowBrickRoad said:

Glad rest of the day was great! Did you end up parking in the parking garage or outside lot?

We had to go to outside lot.  They were only letting handicapped into the garage.  I felt like a liar cuz I had told my sons- in-law we would be parking in the garage!

On 8/1/2023 at 5:26 PM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

We had to go to outside lot.  They were only letting handicapped into the garage.  I felt like a liar cuz I had told my sons- in-law we would be parking in the garage!

We had the same situation last year. Other passengers who came later got to use the inside garage. Our check in was 10:30 and we were there for 10.   The outside lot worked out fine. We will be there on the 20th and our check in is 10:30 so we shall see. 

We had a great time…all 17 of us!  My grandkids keep asking when is our next cruise!  They enjoyed everything, especially having the freedom to roam around and do their own thing!  It was nice to my daughters enjoying time with their hubbies with the kids popping in here and there.

Adding a picture of the group on white night.

84520_Original.jpeg

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - Jul 28, 2023 - Aug 4, 2023 (7 Night Perfect Day Bahamas Cruise)