passport nearing expiration

cmm

Hi, hoping someone has experienced this before... we are set to cruise in early November out of Miami and will return to port on 11/6.  We have valid passports, but they expire in mid-Jan 2023, so they don't have 6 months left on them.  Will I be able to board with these?  Online checkin just prompts me with a warning that it is 'recommended' to have 6 months remaining on your passport.  The help section says passengers 'must' make sure they have 6 months remaining... so these seem to conflict.

Thanks!

37 minutes ago, cmm said:

Hi, hoping someone has experienced this before... we are set to cruise in early November out of Miami and will return to port on 11/6.  We have valid passports, but they expire in mid-Jan 2023, so they don't have 6 months left on them.  Will I be able to board with these?  Online checkin just prompts me with a warning that it is 'recommended' to have 6 months remaining on your passport.  The help section says passengers 'must' make sure they have 6 months remaining... so these seem to conflict.

Thanks!

You'll be fine, the 6 month thing is just a recommendation. Don't worry about it.

You don't even need a passport at all if you are leaving and returning to the same US port. You can sail with a DL and official birth certificate.

You will be fine. The 6 month suggestion really has more to do with ensuring if anything happened and you were stuck in another country that you would have sufficient time before expiration to get you back into the US without a big hassle.

If you are really worried that they would deny you boarding, bring your birth certificate with you as well. You can board with a birth certificate and driver's license.

5 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

In case if RC enforces their own policy maybe? I agree it’s valid, but that’s not the issue. We are talking about their POLICY!DCF23EFE-0ED1-4647-AD46-1A23C63888A1.thumb.jpeg.1fa3f1a55e1ab1f448187e775a909928.jpeg

It isn’t a Royal policy. That FAQ encompasses the entire world. The OP is taking a closed loop cruise from North America to the Caribbean. For this itinerary there is NO passport requirement at all, let alone  6 month validity requirement.