Coming in early to Ft. Lauderdale -What to do?

RJ22

Hey all,

We are on the Nov 19-8 day cruise to the Southern Caribbean.  I was wondering what is there to do early in the morning since I am coming in on a redeye at 5:45AM and have my schedule boarding time at 11:30AM.  Anyone have suggestions on what to do for a couple of hours before boarding time?

Thank you in advance for all or any suggestions.

6 hours ago, RJ22 said:

Hey all,

We are on the Nov 19-8 day cruise to the Southern Caribbean.  I was wondering what is there to do early in the morning since I am coming in on a redeye at 5:45AM and have my schedule boarding time at 11:30AM.  Anyone have suggestions on what to do for a couple of hours before boarding time?

I have no suggestions as to what to do, but want to follow along. we have a cruise out of Everglades in 2023 and are staying near Las Olas blvd, if that helps.   I hope your early early morning flight works out.  I’m way too nervous to fly in on embarkation day!

16 hours ago, RJ22 said:

Hey all,

Take an Uber from FLL to Top Hat Deli (highly recommended, I am a local) and enjoy a good breakfast. Uber from Top Hat to the cruise port. Problem solved. 

16 hours ago, RJ22 said:

Hey all,

Also, we are on Odyssey as well for the Thanksgiving sailing & looking forward to it! The best itinerary IMHO.

Top Hat doesn't open until 8A BTW 😀

The diners may be open 24 hours. 

In the airport, the only thing open is Starbucks, Einstein bagels, Harvest and Grounds and the like (https://www.broward.org/airport/Passengers/Pages/terminals.aspx) - I'd camp out in Starbucks with a coffee or three and watch the world go by for a bit - depending on hunger around 7:30, hit one of the spots mentioned but note that even if you go to one of these places, you still need to stash your luggage somewhere.  

16 hours ago, dmattinson said:

Top Hat doesn't open until 8A BTW 😀

The diners may be open 24 hours. 

In the airport, the only thing open is Starbucks, Einstein bagels, Harvest and Grounds and the like (https://www.broward.org/airport/Passengers/Pages/terminals.aspx) - I'd camp out in Starbucks with a coffee or three and watch the world go by for a bit - depending on hunger around 7:30, hit one of the spots mentioned but note that even if you go to one of these places, you still need to stash your luggage somewhere.  

Top Hat will stash your luggage w/ no issues. Every weekend we see the cruisers come in for breakfast and the luggage is piled next to the front door. As for Starbucks, get out of the airport and go to the new Starbucks on 17th street right down the street from the port. 

On 10/18/2022 at 3:21 PM, RJ22 said:

Hey all,

If you are traveling from an area that doesn't have a Publix, after your breakfast.  Find the nearest one and order a Publix Sub. Take it aboard. My favorite is an Ultimate with Boar's Head on a multi-grain roll. You won't be disappointed. 👍  Kinda kidding, but kinda not.  

My middle-grown kid and his wife moved to Texas.  We were sailing out of Miami for a family cruise. Picked them up at MIA the morning of the trip.  Dad!  What?  Can you stop by Publix? Why? I need a Pub Sub really bad. Texas got nothing like it. 😆  

We really enjoy the Las Olas Boulevard area for shopping and dining (and there are a number of places that are relatively reasonable to stay overnight nearby also). It is lively and wonderful in the evenings! 

@FSUFAN I have 4 Publix stores within about 3 miles of me, I will be glad to send one to you 😬 I will trade you for a Trader Joe’s!

2 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

We really enjoy the Las Olas Boulevard area for shopping and dining (and there are a number of places that are relatively reasonable to stay overnight nearby also). It is lively and wonderful in the evenings! 

@FSUFAN I have 4 Publix stores within about 3 miles of me, I will be glad to send one to you 😬 I will trade you for a Trader Joe’s!

Come to Fort Lauderdale we have Publix, Publix Greenwise and Trader Joe’s all within 1 Sq/Mile!!