sport equipment onboard question

Ivan Altac

Hi!

I’m carrying my kendo equipment, no wooden/bamboo sticks, just the armor, and I was wondering if it can get onboard. I’m aware that sports equipment and martial arts gear are not allowed, but it seems that it’s more focused on stuff that can actually hurt people and maybe not protective equipment.
If not allowed, do you know if it can stay stored in a special room on the ship? Of course I don’t need it in my room, although it’d be better since right after the cruise I’ll be taking the plane back home and having everything packed and not having to do it on the airport would be much nicer, but I’ll take any recommendation since I can’t leave my equipment behind.
Thanks in advance.

That will be interesting  and probably a matter of who is looking at it and where it is packed.  if it is in checked luggage it might make it through the screening and be no issue.   If they don't allow it and it is in your checked luggage they do hold it in a security room.  You will be notified to come to the 'naughty room' to collect your bags and they will let you know the process at that time.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy