Alcoholic drinks

mike2608

I really don't think a $1 increase for drinks over the span of a few years is really a sign of inflation like we've seen with other sectors of the economy. Given how long drinks were $13 on Oasis/Quantum Class ships, I've chalked it up to just everything goes up in price over time.

On 10/17/2022 at 8:24 PM, mike2608 said:

I guess inflation has definitely hit the cruise ship industry. Drinks going up from $13 to $14 is a bummer, people with the Deluxe drink package are going to feel it🙁

I'm not sure about that - if the standard drink is $14 vs. $13 previously, wouldn't the DDP people still have those standard drinks included?  It doesn't specifically say "up to $xx in value" on the website - the PDF does but old documents tend to live forever on some sites anymore.

Overview

Quench your thirst onboard with the Deluxe Beverage Package and enjoy unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink options all cruise long. Start the day off with a premium cup of joe, sip on a poolside piña colada, rehydrate with a fresh juice and wind down with the perfect wine pairing or top-shelf cocktail. With a handpicked array of brands to choose from, you can toast to bottomless beverages with your preferred drink of choice.

Highlights

• Enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 in bars and dining rooms.

What's Included

• Vodka: Absolut, Belvedere, Grey Goose, Stoli, Tito’s Handmade Vodka
  • Rum: Bacardi, Bacardi 8, Captain Morgan Rum, Malibu Miami Club
  • Gin: Aviation, Beefeater, Bombay Sapphire, New Amsterdam, The Botanist
  • Tequila/ Mezcal: 1800 Avion Silver, Camarena Gold, Patron Silver, Del Maquey Vida Blanco Mezcal
  • Scotch: Chiva Regal 12 Year Old, Dewars 12 Year, Glenfiddich, Johnnie Walker Black, The Glenlivet
  • Whiskey, Bourbon/ Rye: Buffalo Trace, Canadian Club, Jack Daniels, Jameson, Makers Mark, Whistle Pig Rye
  • Cognac: Hennessy VS, Remy Martin VSOP
  • Spiked Seltzers: Truly
  • Beers: Domestic, imported and craft beer brands
  • Wine by the Glass: Iconic varietals from California to New Zealand
  • Non-Alcoholic Beverages: Can and fountain soda, fresh and bottled juices, premium coffee and teas, bottled and sparkling water, Johnny Rockets Shakes

Important details and advisements

• Each adult of legal drinking age assigned to the same stateroom must purchase this package.
  • All Beverage Packages exclude any beverages served inside licensed Starbucks® stores.

3 hours ago, Pegleg said:

Can you use "on board credit" to buy a drink package?  I have a lot of points on my Royal Caribbean credit card.

You can use OBC to get a drink package. But it is often better to get the drink package from the cruise planner before you cruise as the price onboard will be more.

On 10/21/2022 at 4:26 PM, Pegleg said:

Can you use "on board credit" to buy a drink package?  I have a lot of points on my Royal Caribbean credit card.

You can apply the rewards point to OBC now.  They typically show up 2 weeks before the sailing but that can sped up.  Be sure to record the redemption transaction ID, and have the reservation ID and sailing info handy.   After a few days call the RC Rewards support line (888-305-4626) and verify the rewards points have been redeemed for OBC and ask to have them available immediately.  I have never been told no.  After an hour or so they should show as available for use via Cruise Planner to offset the cost of any CP purchase.

On 10/21/2022 at 5:26 PM, Pegleg said:

Yes, if you redeem points early so they are available in CP to use. If points aren't visible about a week later, you can call reward center so they push them thru.