passport stamped

lv2flip24

It has been a few years since we have been to Nassau and even longer since we stopped in for the passport stamp.  So this may not be totally accurate. 

image.png.d7b1a005509b2a140caed09c9ec530f5.png

After you walk off the pier area, I recommend to not follow the crowd.  Most people seem to go straight or to the right out towards the tours and taxi's.  There is a small gate along the left that is manned by a guard/military/police.  It looks like you cannot use that but we asked and they let us through.  Right outside of that is a governmental building and they do (or did) the passport stamps.  As you enter the building make a right and the room is about halfway down the hall on the right.

5 hours ago, Mike T said:

When you get off the ship in Nassau and make the walk towards where the taxis are....there is a building you can go in and get passport stamped.

Thanks for sharing, i have never been to the Bahamas and wanted a passport stamp too, my boyfriend has been serval times so he isnt really interested in the port so at least i can go get a stamp!

2 hours ago, ScooterScott22 said:

It has been a few years since we have been to Nassau and even longer since we stopped in for the passport stamp.  So this may not be totally accurate. 

image.png.d7b1a005509b2a140caed09c9ec530f5.png

After you walk off the pier area, I recommend to not follow the crowd.  Most people seem to go straight or to the right out towards the tours and taxi's.  There is a small gate along the left that is manned by a guard/military/police.  It looks like you cannot use that but we asked and they let us through.  Right outside of that is a governmental building and they do (or did) the passport stamps.  As you enter the building make a right and the room is about halfway down the hall on the right.

That seems about what I remember from January when we were there...It might even be in that smaller building to the left of where you circled...I honestly don't remember.  It was a LONG walk from the ship and it was a day when a cold front swooped down south and it was only about 60 degrees and it was chilly that day! 🥶

2 hours ago, LJay0301 said:

Thanks for sharing, i have never been to the Bahamas and wanted a passport stamp too, my boyfriend has been serval times so he isnt really interested in the port so at least i can go get a stamp!

First time we didn't even get off the ship.  2nd trip we had our teen daughters with us so we did.  Took a taxi over to Atlantis and looked around there.  You can't see all of Atlantis but there's a nice marina there with some really nice boats.  I've read there are several things you can do for free if you just walk a bit.  Queen's Staircase, shopping and some places to eat as well as Junkanoo(sp) Beach.  I also read you can book a room at Comfort Suites Paradise Island and you will have access to the water park at Atlantis.  People say they don't even go in the room since you can't check in til 3p.  Or just use it to change into dry clothes before you head back to ship.   It was cheaper than day passes at Atlantis but we did not end up doing it.  If you're considering that, I'd research it first.

1 hour ago, Mike T said:

First time we didn't even get off the ship.  2nd trip we had our teen daughters with us so we did.  Took a taxi over to Atlantis and looked around there.  You can't see all of Atlantis but there's a nice marina there with some really nice boats.  I've read there are several things you can do for free if you just walk a bit.  Queen's Staircase, shopping and some places to eat as well as Junkanoo(sp) Beach.  I also read you can book a room at Comfort Suites Paradise Island and you will have access to the water park at Atlantis.  People say they don't even go in the room since you can't check in til 3p.  Or just use it to change into dry clothes before you head back to ship.   It was cheaper than day passes at Atlantis but we did not end up doing it.  If you're considering that, I'd research it first.

Thank you so much for the information! 

17 hours ago, Mike T said:

It was a LONG walk from the ship and it was a day when a cold front swooped down south and it was only about 60 degrees and it was chilly that day! 🥶

There is another office that you might be thinking of, I'm referencing one right next to the port.  The other office is about 3 miles away.

image.thumb.png.826f8090887e23ee9bf23997bf3ced59.png

Funny…I never even thought about getting a stamp while in other countries!  All my passport has is Italy!  But on cruises I’ve been to Nassau, Cozumel, Aruba, Curaçao, Bermuda!  Ughhh well at least I can grab a Bermuda stamp in May (I assume I can get one somewhere?) and in July one from Nassau.  
Now I will have to book another Southern Caribbean cruise to go back and get Aruba and Curacao…lol!  Lucky me!

30 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Funny…I never even thought about getting a stamp while in other countries!  All my passport has is Italy!  But on cruises I’ve been to Nassau, Cozumel, Aruba, Curaçao, Bermuda!  Ughhh well at least I can grab a Bermuda stamp in May (I assume I can get one somewhere?) and in July one from Nassau.  
Now I will have to book another Southern Caribbean cruise to go back and get Aruba and Curacao…lol!  Lucky me!

Not all places will do this for cruise visitors.  I asked while we were in Curaçao and couldn't find anyone that knew of a place to get a stamp.  There were a few places we inquired in the past, like Cartegena, that did not have a place that was available since they clear the whole ship in one process.  There are others that were quite accommodating.  While transiting the canal, a Panamanian immigration officer came onboard and was available at guest services to provide passport stamps.

It also gives you another reason to have your passport with you when you leave the ship while in port.

2 hours ago, ScooterScott22 said:

There is another office that you might be thinking of, I'm referencing one right next to the port.  The other office is about 3 miles away.

That looks like the office where Bahamians would go to get their passports, not where visitors would have any option of getting one stamped. At least, that's how it appears to me. 

1 hour ago, FireFishII said:

Thanks for this information.  I never knew that you could get your passport stamped at location that normally does not stamp your passport.  I am always sad when I visit a country and don't get a stamp.  I have learned something new today.  Thank you.

Do be careful though. I have known someone who got their passport stamped by some unofficial touristy thing in Mexico and the US government was not thrilled when they saw it in his passport coming back in to the US. Gave him a "warning" for lack of any official term. 

2 hours ago, Zacharius said:

Do be careful though. I have known someone who got their passport stamped by some unofficial touristy thing in Mexico and the US government was not thrilled when they saw it in his passport coming back in to the US. Gave him a "warning" for lack of any official term. 

Good to know. I will be careful. 

On 10/21/2022 at 10:30 AM, Zacharius said:

This! I'm about 90% sure that any stamps in a passport that are not official government stamps can invalidate the passport.

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

Do we need a passport on a cruise goin to cococay and Nassau? 

Passports are always preferred (in case something happens and you need to fly home on an emergency - medical/family/whatever), but you can cruise with an original birth certificate as well, as long as your cruise is closed loop (beginning and ending at the same US port).