sweet tea

lv2flip24

6 hours ago, wordell1 said:

No. And I would add that if you know what sweet tea is (you live somewhere in the south), you won't like the plain iced tea either.

I’ve heard the iced tea on board is horrible and plain iced tea is my go-to beverage. I guess I’ll have to be 21 again and get the Long Island version instead! 😂

On 10/18/2022 at 3:16 PM, Ryan79 said:

I’ve heard the iced tea on board is horrible and plain iced tea is my go-to beverage. I guess I’ll have to be 21 again and get the Long Island version instead! 😂

The plain iced tea is not good if you are used to freshly brewed tea. I'm not sure what they use, but it tastes like Gold Peak instant tea out of a machine. 

On 10/18/2022 at 8:37 AM, wordell1 said:

No. And I would add that if you know what sweet tea is (you live somewhere in the south), you won't like the plain iced tea either.

Yep, I'm from Texas and it's not the same. 

On 10/19/2022 at 10:35 AM, Pooch said:

I found the plain iced tea perfectly acceptable, full disclosure I do not like sweet tea.

You are from Connecticut! If you are ever in Texas, order an iced tea - you will be amazed at how much better it is! 

I grew up in the Northeast and trust me, there is no comparison.

On 10/18/2022 at 8:37 AM, wordell1 said:

I discovered on our first cruise that the iced tea on board is not only awful tasting- it is potentially not even caffeinated. At home, I drink iced tea every day for breakfast… instead of coffee and for my lunch beverage. Onboard, I developed a rip roaring headache that only went away once I was back on shore and could drive through a What-a-burger. 

Since that first cruise, I bring my own tea bags. I request a pot of hot water at breakfast and I brew my own to pour over ice. 

On 10/23/2022 at 6:46 PM, Eyeonhevn said:

I bring my own tea bags. I request a pot of hot water at breakfast and I brew my own to pour over ice. 

I was going to say the same thing. Whenever I travel, I bring my English Breakfast tea bags for myself and Earl Gray tea bags for my husband. For breakfast, we drink it hot.  For lunch or dinner, I ask for a tall glass of ice along with the hot water . Now if they could only learn not to put hot water in a pot that once held coffee.  I call it coffee water. YUCK!