Favorite excursions in Cozumel?

R Turner

there is a place called,,,, oh gosh i think it is the thirsty cougar? they make DELICIOUS margaritas and they're on the main street once you've taken the taxi to the shops.

you basically create/choose your own flavors. their nachos are pretty good too!

IMG_0240.thumb.jpg.901619222f237f089468eeff7d27d852.jpg

we also like a shop called 'the spice shop' -- they have TONS of spices and loose teas and are so helpful! they have great pre-bundled spices too which make phenomenal gifts and it is also a perfect stop to grab some real vanilla extract.

I was in Cozumel this past January and opted for an all inclusive day pass at the El Cozumeleno Resort. You'll have to take a cab to get there. Very nice resort. The food was so-so, but the drinks..................... let's just say I'm going back again the next time I visit Cozumel. Try the drink they call the Toucan, it's as potent as it is beautiful.

El Cozumeleno Cozumel Day Pass | Resort for a Day

We just returned from a cruise and while in Cozumel we visited Paradise Beach Resort.  It was incredible.  The resort itself is lovely and the staff are incredible.  Drink variety is amazing and the food is better than some of what was available on the ship.  I would highly recommend.  It's $69pp and that's all inclusive.  Taxi is about $20 each way.  

1 hour ago, recogneyes said:

We just returned from a cruise and while in Cozumel we visited Paradise Beach Resort.  It was incredible.  The resort itself is lovely and the staff are incredible.  Drink variety is amazing and the food is better than some of what was available on the ship.  I would highly recommend.  It's $69pp and that's all inclusive.  Taxi is about $20 each way.  

I also recommend Paradise Beach.  They don't advertise it, but you can just show up and do alacarte pricing. I believe it is $3 a person and a minimum $10 per person food/drink charge.  I would recommend getting there early if you are doing it this way as the all-inclusive pkg has reservations and it could fill up.

I really enjoyed Nachi Cocom! We have a full review of it on the Royal Caribbean Blog YouTube channel: 

I would AVOID excursions that visit mainland Mexico (Puerto de Vallarta, Tulum, etc.) The ferry ride from Cozumel to the mainland was terrible when I went and multiple people were puking! Therefore I'd stick to the island of Cozumel only.

We have done a cooking class at Playa Mia twice.  After the class, you can enjoy the resort or pick up some vanilla at one of their gift shops. Fair warning, they start the day with drinks… cooking might take a backseat after a few, but we did have a great time! 

You can book through the ship, or I saw an option on TripAdvisor