Check in on APP

Censored

No. You're considered 'fully vaccinated' if you had the initial two shots (or one if J). Boosters are not required. Although vaccines are no longer required, they want to keep track of how many are vaccinated...and the unvaxxed must present a negative test.

But...it's always good to check the online health protocols to make sure nothing has changed, including changes at the various ports you may be visiting.  Stay informed!

That's why it is important to read any communication regarding update to the healthy sailing protocols.  They can change for various reasons especially the country of embarkation, length of cruise, or country of debarkation.  On the TA from from Europe in October 22 the protocols have changed three time since the spring.  On this trip it is considered up to date on vaccination if with the past 9 most you've either been vaccinated or boosted.  Which means if you've been vaccinated over 9 mos ago then you will need to be boosted.  Here is the verbiage from the email.  So depending on the itinerary it is important to read all communications to avoid the stress.

Vaccination Required
All guests ages 5 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID‐19 with the final dose administered at least 14 days before sailing. Guests under 5 may join us for this sailing, regardless of vaccination status. 

Up-to-date: to be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series within 270 days (9 months) of our sail date or received a booster. Guests who've received a booster are considered up-to-date no matter how much time has passed. 

3 hours ago, khynzelman said:

That's why it is important to read any communication regarding update to the healthy sailing protocols.  They can change for various reasons especially the country of embarkation, length of cruise, or country of debarkation.  On the TA from from Europe in October 22 the protocols have changed three time since the spring.  On this trip it is considered up to date on vaccination if with the past 9 most you've either been vaccinated or boosted.  Which means if you've been vaccinated over 9 mos ago then you will need to be boosted.  Here is the verbiage from the email.  So depending on the itinerary it is important to read all communications to avoid the stress.

Vaccination Required
All guests ages 5 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID‐19 with the final dose administered at least 14 days before sailing. Guests under 5 may join us for this sailing, regardless of vaccination status. 

Up-to-date: to be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series within 270 days (9 months) of our sail date or received a booster. Guests who've received a booster are considered up-to-date no matter how much time has passed. 

well its been more than 9 months for me, after my second dose, so I require a booster?  Not so sure on that.   Then I would require a antigen test?  hmmmm

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Asking that question is merely a data collection point, not anything actionable for boarding your cruise.

So what if its been more than 9 months after my second dose?   Are they going to scrutinize the dates for everybody?  is this what it means to be fully vax now?

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

As I said, it's just a data collection point. The front office will look at it down the road for some report to management.

Up-to-date: to be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series within 270 days (9 months) of our sail date or received a booster. Guests who've received a booster are considered up-to-date no matter how much time has passed.    ?????

30 minutes ago, Censored said:

Up-to-date: to be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series within 270 days (9 months) of our sail date or received a booster. Guests who've received a booster are considered up-to-date no matter how much time has passed.    ?????

Even though it's irrelevant for boarding, yes, up to date merely means you had at least one booster.

The problem is the website doesn't even know if it's updated!   I don't have to worry about it since I'm boosted, but what I would do is just take an at home test within 3 days) and take a pic of it... Which is what an unvacc person would need.  If you don't need it, and they don't care if you are boosted, then no big deal.  But if you do need it, you have it.  Jane

10 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

The problem is the website doesn't even know if it's updated!   I don't have to worry about it since I'm boosted, but what I would do is just take an at home test within 3 days) and take a pic of it... Which is what an unvacc person would need.  If you don't need it, and they don't care if you are boosted, then no big deal.  But if you do need it, you have it.  Jane

Good point. But I am trying to avoid this and the extra costs involved, further, being Canadian , we have no access to at home kits that are valid.So to take a test, I have to call a medical centre make an appt and pay $40 or more per test. Embarkation is Puerto Rico, which requires no testing.

On 10/16/2022 at 7:32 PM, Censored said:

Pretty sure this was for European cruises only, as in mentioned in the post you copied and pasted this part from 

9 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

European cruises never required a booster though. Just extra testing if you weren't up to date.

I didn't say Europe required booster, i said the part quoted was for European cruises which was correct.

It looks like according to the RC website you are considered fully vaccinated and will need no pre cruise testing. 

For Cruises from North America and the Caribbean (U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, and Barbados)

• Vaccinated guests do not need to take a test for sailings of 9 nights or fewer. On sailings of 10 nights or longer, fully vaccinated guests age 12 and older will need to bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 test within 3 days before boarding day.
  • Guests age 12 and up who are not vaccinated have 3 days to take a test before their cruise, regardless the duration of the cruise.

• Guests under the age of 12, do not need to take a test prior to cruising.

Required testing can be completed using any type of PCR or antigen COVID-19 test. It can be professionally proctored at your doctor or drugstore, or it can be a test you administer to yourself at home without supervision.

Tests must be arranged on your own and are at your own expense.

Please note: A guest is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the required number of doses in their vaccine series have been fully administered (e.g. 2 shots of Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, etc., or 1 shot of Johnson & Johnson). Vaccines must be approved for use by the WHO or U.S. FDA, with the exception of CanSino.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise