Linked Reservations

12 minutes ago, Marathon Man said:

Four couples are booked on the Mariner in January.  How important is it for us to link our reservations in the app?  I know that it allows one of us to make reservations for all of us, etc.  Does it allow one of us to check all eight of us in so that we all get the same check in time?

The other benefit is they will seat you at the same table for MDR as well. 

12 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

That's not guaranteed. My last cruise with another couple, despite our reservations being linked, we weren't at the same table.

We had the same experience.  We linked reservations for 8 staterooms and made a request to be seated in the same area.   One family in our party was assigned to a table very far from the rest of us.  I had to sort it out with the MDR manager.  This is the reason why no matter what has been discussed over the phone with agents or what is on paper, I still spend a good hour or so as soon as I get onboard to confirm everything.

Absolutely go to the MDR as soon as you get onboard and make sure of your group being together. We have always had to do this when we have our friends or family with us that are linked and not part of our own reservation. You can also request special seating area. We like sitting by the window and they are very accommodating.

15 hours ago, Marathon Man said:

Four couples are booked on the Mariner in January.  How important is it for us to link our reservations in the app?  I know that it allows one of us to make reservations for all of us, etc.  Does it allow one of us to check all eight of us in so that we all get the same check in time?

14 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

That's not guaranteed. My last cruise with another couple, despite our reservations being linked, we weren't at the same table.

2 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

We had the same experience.  We linked reservations for 8 staterooms and made a request to be seated in the same area.   One family in our party was assigned to a table very far from the rest of us.  I had to sort it out with the MDR manager.  This is the reason why no matter what has been discussed over the phone with agents or what is on paper, I still spend a good hour or so as soon as I get onboard to confirm everything.

Royal or your travel agent need to link the reservations for dining.  This allows people to sit together, but not have to link the whole reservation. Some groups may go travel together but not want many of their reservation details shared.   You can see it on your RCI receipts under Stateroom dining with booking Id.

18 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

My experience too.  We each had to call in individually to give permission to be linked for dining.  One linked member of the group couldn't do it for the rest.  And I was told to email rccl dining a few weeks before the cruise to make sure.  

11 minutes ago, Hutcherl said:

My experience too.  We each had to call in individually to give permission to be linked for dining.  One linked member of the group couldn't do it for the rest.  And I was told to email rccl dining a few weeks before the cruise to make sure.  

Also good advice to check the app for dining table numbers and to check with manager as soon as you board 

8 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

I have not had this issue - but have heard of it happening.  We do the same thing once we board the ship.  I consider the first afternoon to all be getting settled time.  Check out the MDR, unpack, and then - we finally feel like we are on vacation. 

22 hours ago, TessOR said:

I have not had this issue - but have heard of it happening.  We do the same thing once we board the ship.  I consider the first afternoon to all be getting settled time.  Check out the MDR, unpack, and then - we finally feel like we are on vacation. 

It's a good thing we don't have to reserve shows now, unless I've heard wrong about post-COVID protocols.  Then there are the reservations for specialty dining.  You're right!  The first afternoon is like a cruise prologue.

On 10/15/2022 at 8:45 AM, PG Cruiser said:

The dining room and the MDR manager is one of our first stops when we get onboard.  Never had a problem getting dining issues resolved.