Champagne/strawberries for embarkation day

Kim C

we got champagne and strawberries once from our TA, i believe. it was a bottle of champagne, two glasses and the strawberries.

i'm thinking they are asking how many you are looking to reserve for so that you can have enough glasses in the cabin -- although if for some reason you needed an additional glass (or more), you can always ask your stateroom attendant for it at a later time or run to one of the bars nearest your cabin.

also if you think you might want to save your champagne, consider bringing aboard one of the reusable stoppers (i got mine on amazon i think) and it works great to keep the bubbles sharp and tasty!

13 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

we got champagne and strawberries once from our TA, i believe. it was a bottle of champagne, two glasses and the strawberries.

i'm thinking they are asking how many you are looking to reserve for so that you can have enough glasses in the cabin -- although if for some reason you needed an additional glass (or more), you can always ask your stateroom attendant for it at a later time or run to one of the bars nearest your cabin.

also if you think you might want to save your champagne, consider bringing aboard one of the reusable stoppers (i got mine on amazon i think) and it works great to keep the bubbles sharp and tasty!

Thanks a fantastic idea about the stopper! I'll have to look for one

25 minutes ago, Kim C said:

Thanks a fantastic idea about the stopper! I'll have to look for one

you can also bring two bottles of wine (or champagne, one per person/two per cabin max) aboard when boarding the first day -- we do this and make GOOD use of the stoppers 😎  in case we just want a glass before we go down to dinner or for sailaway, etc. then we just try to hang on to our champagne glasses or remember to get new ones throughout the cruise.

you can also ask your stateroom attendant for a bucket of ice and/or let them know that you'd like to chill your champagne if you prefer to drink it at another time and they will help set it up for you! nothing like coming back to the cabin and having a nice crisp glass after a long day at the beach or pool... 😆

It’s a bottle

it may or may not be in your cabin when you enter.  This cruise my champagne arrived in a bucket with 2 glasses-no ice., around 4pm. Strawberries came after 5 (that’s when I went to dinner) and they were in my stateroom when I swung by around 8.

we did an Alaska sailing in 2019 and carried on a bottle of champagne as well as ordered a bottle.  I brought along plastic champagne flutes….I did not want to run around to look for enough glasses.  

The champagne is a bottle and that and the strawberries may not arrive as soon as you are onboard. The wife brings a bottle (or two) with us on each trip along with a stopper that we have found at Walgreens. She has several for each of the seasons. She also brings a vacuum mid-sized water bottle along with orange MIO flavoring for her "mobile" Mimosa's during the day. Enjoy!

33 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

The champagne is a bottle and that and the strawberries may not arrive as soon as you are onboard. The wife brings a bottle (or two) with us on each trip along with a stopper that we have found at Walgreens. She has several for each of the seasons. She also brings a vacuum mid-sized water bottle along with orange MIO flavoring for her "mobile" Mimosa's during the day. Enjoy!

Wow! An on-the-go Mimosa. Very creative  👌