Drinks at Sorrentos and Windjammer

Jayhoaps

Hi all, I'm new to cruising, so just had some inquiries. I have the drink package, which I understand they give you the souvenir cup to fill at the coca cola machine.

My question is, let's say I'm at the Sorrentos or Windjammer and I forgot to bring my souvenir cup, does Sorrento's or Windjammer serve sodas that I can have?

If I wanted a soda but forgot to bring my souvenir cup, does Sorrentos and Windjammer provide soda still? Anyone that can clarify this and give and feedback would be greatly appreciated at this time. Thanks. Time. 

8 hours ago, Jayhoaps said:

Hi all, I'm new to cruising, so just had some inquiries. I have the drink package, which I understand they give you the souvenir cup to fill at the coca cola machine.

My question is, let's say I'm at the Sorrentos or Windjammer and I forgot to bring my souvenir cup, does Sorrento's or Windjammer serve sodas that I can have?

If I wanted a soda but forgot to bring my souvenir cup, does Sorrentos and Windjammer provide soda still? Anyone that can clarify this and give and feedback would be greatly appreciated at this time. Thanks. Time. 

The comment above mine is not true. Most people don't even carry the cup around. You only need the cup if you are using the freestyle machines, because it has a chip that activates the machine, BUT you can show you pass to any bar or server and get any drink you want and it will still be included on your package. The bars will serve you a soda or any drink they have in a glass or cup and then swipe your card, see that you have a package and your'e good to go. 

22 minutes ago, ScottD said:

The comment above mine is not true. Most people don't even carry the cup around. You only need the cup if you are using the freestyle machines, because it has a chip that activates the machine, BUT you can show you pass to any bar or server and get any drink you want and it will still be included on your package. The bars will serve you a soda or any drink they have in a glass or cup and then swipe your card, see that you have a package and your'e good to go. 

Your information is correct except for the very first sentence.

The comment prior to yours states that the souvenir cup will be needed to get soda at Sorrento's and the Windjammer. That is absolutely correct for Sorrento's.

Windjammer is a mixed bag because there is a bar at the entrance to Windjammer where one can get a limited selection of sodas just like at other bars.

Thanks everyone for your reply.

So my understanding is that in the windjammer this is a bar where they serve sodas... At Sorrentos complimentary water, ice tea, etc.. But if I want soda, go to nearby bar to get soda, or use coca cola machine?

So Sorrentos doesn't have a bar or drinks to serve soda?

10 minutes ago, Jayhoaps said:

Thanks everyone for your reply.

So my understanding is that in the windjammer this is a bar where they serve sodas... At Sorrentos complimentary water, ice tea, etc.. But if I want soda, go to nearby bar to get soda, or use coca cola machine?

There is usually a Freestyle machine right by Sorrento's but only the water, tea, and lemonade (self serve) otherwise.

3 hours ago, Jayhoaps said:

Windjammer does have a bar where you can get soda if you don't want to use the FreeStyle machines. You can also ask a roaming server that's bringing around drinks or clearing off tables and they will go get you soda.

Some Sorrentos do have bar right there and some do not. It's different on each ship.

2 hours ago, Jayhoaps said:

What about the boardwalk dog house? Do they serve any soda here after you get a hot dog or sausage?

Boardwalk Dog House on Oasis class ships has a cooler with canned soda that you can get with the package.  On other classes of ships they may have some drinks available in the cooler, otherwise you'll have to visit a nearby bar to get a soda.  On Quantum class ships there's a FreeStyle machine located at the Dog House, but again, they may also have drinks in the cooler.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

Windjammer does have a bar where you can get soda if you don't want to use the FreeStyle machines. You can also ask a roaming server that's bringing around drinks or clearing off tables and they will go get you soda.

Some Sorrentos do have bar right there and some do not. It's different on each ship.

Boardwalk Dog House on Oasis class ships has a cooler with canned soda that you can get with the package.  On other classes of ships they may have some drinks available in the cooler, otherwise you'll have to visit a nearby bar to get a soda.  On Quantum class ships there's a FreeStyle machine located at the Dog House, but again, they may also have drinks in the cooler.

Thanks so much, that was very helpful and insightful at this time.