Ovation (Alaska) room choice

HillaryG

For those who have sailed on Ovation or similar ship. I'm trying to decide between balcony rooms on deck 13 (2 connecting and 1 -11 rooms down the hall) or 3 rooms right together on deck 7, which is partially obstructed (2 still connected). Would prefer to be right together to open up the balcony and so the kids won't be running down the hall to the grandparents room.  So I guess my real question is how bad is "obstructed" on deck 7 of ovation. I've tried looking for pictures and it doesn't look as bad as deck 6.  

Hi @HillaryG

Our first ever cruise was 27 days B2B on Ovation from Sydney and we had obstructed view cabin 6202. Loved the ship and the crew.

Pictures below of the views we had. Deck 7 should only be obstructed if looking directly down I guess!

Totally fell in love with cruising, and especially RCI, and we are jumping to Diamond this time next year having already booked B2B on Grandeur in Jan 23, Venice on Explorer Sept 23 and B2B on Oasis in Jan 2024. Addicted!

image.jpeg.0420ac1d0f24b03cd856e2b66d953151.jpeg

Have to share that did Ovation in Alaska and planned to bring my parents (grandparents) and they were going to have one of the deck 6 obstructed views but they couldn't make it.  The views were not terribly obstructed and my guess is that the deck 7 impacts are even less.  Not sure that I would even factor in the obstruction and instead focus on other aspects like price and location when considering this booking if debating between these two spots. 

The views in Alaska are great and you can find things to look at in every direction.  Quick access to a balcony is not a must, but a huge plus.  Remember even if your balcony does not have the best view, you likely will want to go to other decks and look around.  The views from the bridge wings, Solarium, upper decks and Two70 are all nice and should be part of your day.  Sailing up to or away from a port or the glaciers can take hours so there is plenty of time to view the scenery from multiple locations, not just the balcony.