Pictures of Staterooms

RBRSKI

Hello All,

I am not sure who the person I would direct this idea to so I hope the correct person reads this topic.  So I was thinking it would be nice to have an area that post pictures of staterooms located on all RCCL ships.  Pictures of staterooms help me with the following:

1. If bed is by window or slider
  2. The configuration of the bathroom
  3. Does it have a shower curtain or enclosure
  4. If it has a balcony does it have an obstructed view or the view it provides
  5. A way to confirm the "symbols" RCCL provides on deck plans match with picture (upper berths, sofa bed,connecting door, the location of the connecting door)

I know the web has another site dedicated to this but it would be nice to just search RCCL.

I have attached some photos that I  submitted to the other web site for examples.   I say the more photos out on the world wide web the better.

post-6496-0-08005500-1490722480_thumb.jpg

post-6496-0-27878600-1490722517_thumb.jpg

post-6496-0-11499700-1490722530_thumb.jpg

post-6496-0-00864000-1490722535_thumb.jpg

post-6496-0-00274300-1490722549_thumb.jpg

Any Thoughts?

It was on the Navigator of the Seas Junior Suite 9270 with a sofa bed for the third and fourth person.  I was worried about the shower curtain in the tub but it was made of nice material(not plastic) and weighted so it wouldn't play sticky with your body.lol

So 166 have viewed this post, I was wondering out of the 166 or any new people reading it, can someone please let me know who manages this web site so I can share my idea with them.  Thanks Rich

I just reread your goal in the initial posting. Have you looked at cruisedeckplans.com? That is a site with listings of the deck plans for every cruise ship, and all of the floor plans I've looked at have several rooms on each deck marked as having photos or videos submitted by people who've stayed in them. You can always see thumbnail images of the photos, but need to be a paid member to view the photographs at full size. Videos seem to be watchable by both members and non-members, although members may have a higher quality option available.

Just throwing out another option for you that already exists and appears to have an active community. Something like that might or might not be possible to set up on this site, depending on the capabilities of the service provider that Matt (the owner) is using to run the blog, and how much it would cost to start hosting potentially tons of photos.

I just reread your goal in the initial posting. Have you looked at cruisedeckplans.com? That is a site with listings of the deck plans for every cruise ship, and all of the floor plans I've looked at have several rooms on each deck marked as having photos or videos submitted by people who've stayed in them. You can always see thumbnail images of the photos, but need to be a paid member to view the photographs at full size. Videos seem to be watchable by both members and non-members, although members may have a higher quality option available.

Just throwing out another option for you that already exists and appears to have an active community. Something like that might or might not be possible to set up on this site, depending on the capabilities of the service provider that Matt (the owner) is using to run the blog, and how much it would cost to start hosting potentially tons of photos.

You know whats funny is that the site you mentioned cruisedeckplans.com must be associated with shipcabins.com because I have posted pictures on shipcabins.com and those appear on cruisedeckplans.com.  I just thought it would be a nice option for people on this blog to have when visiting this site.  Plus it would only be RCCL ships.  No Worries  Thanks for the response

And when people post pictures of staterooms specifically the threads should be consistent with wording to make it easy to search.  For Example,  

Stateroom Photos "Ship Name" "Stateroom Number" "Category Class" "View"

Stateroom Photos Navigator of the Seas 9270 Balcony Ocean 

Stateroom Photos Harmony of the Seas 12305 Neighborhood Boardwalk

Stateroom Photos Anthem of the Seas 7715 Interior Virtual 

I pulled the information from FLEETWIDE RECATEGORIZATION GRID document.  I was thinking of adding "category description" but thought that was too much. Do you think people would embrace this idea?

I haven't swept this topic under the rug, I got some good feedback and will post a few examples in the next few days.  The heading of the topics will be similar to these,

Stateroom Photos "Ship Name" "Stateroom Number" "Category Class" "View"

Stateroom Photos Navigator of the Seas 9270 Balcony Ocean 

Stateroom Photos Harmony of the Seas 12305 Neighborhood Boardwalk

Stateroom Photos Anthem of the Seas 7715 Interior Virtual 

That way if you do a search on just the stateroom number it should find it.