Arriving Home, Immigration and Customs

VinceC

I will be arriving back in Cape Liberty, Bayonne, NJ in May and was wondering if we choose to have breakfast on board before departure,  what time do you think we will have to be off the ship by?

Also, how long do you think it would take to clear Immigration and Customs?

• With ships sailing at Full Capacity....Oasis has been around 9:15 /9:45 on their list of disembarkation luggage tags. Adventure was a little earlier than that.
    Of course that is all subject to change  (Adventure was late to dock last month due to currents and headwinds from Fiona)
    Breakfast ends by 8:30.....as in that's when they shut down service.  Its been my experience that the ships at NJ have typically done a "last call to disembark" at least 15 minutes, if not longer, prior to the last disembarkation time.

Immigration and Customs at NJf or passport holders is like a "walk by"....the lines are shorter than ever and you walk up the Ipad and it does facial recognition.  I can' speak to the birth certificate line.  Just an FYI - I have a friend who was pulled out by Customs , and he said a lot of others were too.  They took him to a back room and went through EVERYTHING.  No explanatin as to why he was pulled.  Constant questions about his purchases as they serached and frisked all of his luggage and contents..  He had some clothes he had purchased on his cruise and was questioned on those.  He was also questioned abou the cigarettes he had purchased onboard and his medications.   He did not owe any tax money.  Very odd.  He said he was held there for quite some time while they thoroughly searched his stuff and he felt bad for the long line of subjects waiting to be searched .

15 hours ago, Pattycruise said:
  • Just an FYI - I have a friend who was pulled out by Customs , and he said a lot of others were too.  They took him to a back room and went through EVERYTHING.  No explanatin as to why he was pulled.  Constant questions about his purchases as they serached and frisked all of his luggage and contents..  He had some clothes he had purchased on his cruise and was questioned on those.  He was also questioned abou the cigarettes he had purchased onboard and his medications.   He did not owe any tax money.  Very odd.  He said he was held there for quite some time while they thoroughly searched his stuff and he felt bad for the long line of subjects waiting to be searched .

It could have been a random search.  

8 hours ago, FireFishII said:

It could have been a random search.  

about 13 cruises this past year and I've never heard of anyone searched.  I know, it doesn' tmean it did not happen before but this seemed odd.  He said it was menn who were pulled.  I wonder if there was some sort of allegation being looked at.

On 10/11/2022 at 5:53 PM, AandD said:

I don't know about NJ but the facial recognition in Miami and Galveston made immigration real fast and easy this year.

My husband and I sailed on Anthem in Bayonne this past December. They have the facial recognition and we were off the ship and into our car within 15 minutes. Don't even need to take out your passport. Really cool!