Hotels near Baltimore port?

This will be my first time cruising out of Baltimore.  Anyone with a recommendation for a hotel within a reasonable drive (30 minutes away)  and is not "known for crime".  Sorry Baltimore seems to have a bad rep.  I dont' mind paying for the lot parking at the pier, so no need for a hotel where I can leave the car.  Any tips for the Baltimore parking/boarding process would be appreciated as well.

I've stayed at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel and found it to be a pretty nice place to stay. Parking garage is fairly secure under the building if you're worried about theft. Convenient walking distance to plenty of food and shopping as well. Looks to be about a 15 minute drive to the port. 

43 minutes ago, JazzBassMan said:

I've stayed at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel and found it to be a pretty nice place to stay. Parking garage is fairly secure under the building if you're worried about theft. Convenient walking distance to plenty of food and shopping as well. Looks to be about a 15 minute drive to the port. 

Stayed there as well...very nice.