Coco Cay Cabana Question

Hi RC Blog family. We have a Beach Club beach cabana booked for spring break ‘23 at Coco Cay and were wondering if attendants bring food from the snack shacks to other area cabanas. We like the beach club but have never had a cabana anyplace else so not sure what to expect. We are traveling with our 16 yr old daughter and we are thinking she may enjoy one of the areas better than the beach club. The water park is fun but a little too busy for our tastes but wanted to see if we could get recommendations for other areas. We are on Harmony and the only ship at Coco Cay that day but I’m sure it will be at capacity. Any recommendations or should we stay with our Beach Club cabana. The food at Beach Club is amazing but snack shacks sound great too. 

12 minutes ago, Sea Squirrel said:

Hi RC Blog family. We have a Beach Club beach cabana booked for spring break ‘23 at Coco Cay and were wondering if attendants bring food from the snack shacks to other area cabanas. We like the beach club but have never had a cabana anyplace else so not sure what to expect. We are traveling with our 16 yr old daughter and we are thinking she may enjoy one of the areas better than the beach club. The water park is fun but a little too busy for our tastes but wanted to see if we could get recommendations for other areas. We are on Harmony and the only ship at Coco Cay that day but I’m sure it will be at capacity. Any recommendations or should we stay with our Beach Club cabana. The food at Beach Club is amazing but snack shacks sound great too. 

We had an OTW cabana in May and yes, our attendant brought us Snack Shack food in addition to the Beach Club steak and lobster.

We told him how much we loved the chicken sandwiches and funnel cakes from previous visits and he showed up with piles of each. He even brought a separate container of powdered sugar for the funnel cakes as they would have been a mess otherwise. He was awesome and one of those crew members you remember after the cruise.

Sorry for the additional info, I guess I could have just said "yes." Good thing I'll be there in 2 weeks b/c now I want Snack Shack food. 😋

CocoCay will be NO WHERE near capacity with only one ship there, even with Harmony there. Capacity is about 11,000 people. A full Harmony is about 1/2 that number. There will be tons of places to sit all over. If you got the cabana for a great price, go for it. When else are you going to have something like that available to you? 

As for your food question, many people have had other food brought to them other than the Beach Club. That won’t be an issue in the least.

The South Beach cabanas get snack shack food delivered by attendant.  We had one in April and as soon as we arrived our attendant took our drink orders and came back quickly with them.  She then asked if we wanted fresh fruit and brought huge trays of pineapple, cantaloupe, strawberries, watermelon!  For lunch yes we ordered from Snack Shack…delish!  After lunch, our attendant brought us a few orders of the delicious funnel cakes.  And of course, drinks were replenished all day long!

I loved the beach club cabana!  And yes, you can get anything that is provided on the island.  Your daughter can always use the shuttle to get around the island if she wants.  But you are right, it may be too lame for a 16 year old. My second choice for a cabana is Chill Island.  Almost the same distance to Trill Waterpark but without the shuttle.

On 10/10/2022 at 5:53 PM, FireFishII said:

I loved the beach club cabana!  And yes, you can get anything that is provided on the island.  Your daughter can always use the shuttle to get around the island if she wants.  But you are right, it may be too lame for a 16 year old. My second choice for a cabana is Chill Island.  Almost the same distance to Trill Waterpark but without the shuttle.our 16 year old was our concern. It is 900 more than other cabanas and we were thinking she might enjoy something like thrill island more.   Thanks for recommending. 

20 hours ago, bluer101 said:

We also recently had a floating cabana and our attendant brought food from the snack shack also. We were traveling with a 18 and 19 year old and loved it. 

Thanks. We’ve never had an OTW at Coco Cay. Our last and only visit we did beach club but spent most the day at the water park. My daughter has watched videos and she seems to be most interested in trying the free things this time. Lol, kids. But my wife and I always prefer a cabana for convenience. 

• 3 weeks later...