Cococay Beach Bed vs Bed Bungalow

lollilb

Hi everyone.

Just looking at the options for Cococay, can anyone advise the difference between the bed and the bungalow? Looking at the description on My Cruises there's no difference in the amenities but looks like maybe the addition of the loungers and the number of people? Any info much appreciated.

Hi everyone.

Just looking at the options for Cococay, can anyone advise the difference between the bed and the bungalow? Looking at the description on My Cruises there's no difference in the amenities but looks like maybe the addition of the loungers and the number of people? Any info much appreciated.

These blog posts should help.

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/08/25/spotted-cococay-beach-bungalows-south-beach

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/08/27/spotted-beach-bed-rental-royal-caribbeans-cococay

Pictures = 1,000 words? ;)

The blog posts are a work of art in their own right.

Is that the only difference? No difference in amenities? Which have the better positions on the beach? Sorry for all the questions, think I'm more excited about my 1st cruise than I've been about any holiday in a long time!

I'd say no better or worse position. The beach beds are slightly further away from the center of the activities on CocoCay (maybe 1-200 feet difference).

That bungalow looks pretty sweet. I would take that most likely, I'd hate to get my feet all over the bed trying to get comfortable and whatnot. And, I'm not really a napper at this point in my life, still too hyper. Anyway, that's my never-rented-either two cents.

Have fun!

I'll be writing a review for the blog soon, but the spoiler of it is it is quite lovely.

It really does! Although maybe a bit of a waste for just the 2 of us. I'm also thinking for the other half to stay in the sun the loungers with the beds will be more manoeuvrable... Unlike me he can tan! Looking forward to your review Matt.

(ps this is an amazing site and the forum is so helpful. Especially for newbies like me)

I'll be writing a review for the blog soon, but the spoiler of it is it is quite lovely.

Matt in your Coco Cay blog you mentioned you ordered lunch but when I look on the website to book it only mentions an upgraded buffet. Was the lunch available to order for everyone or just suite guests? Thanks again :-D

(ps this is an amazing site and the forum is so helpful. Especially for newbies like me)

I am so glad to hear that.  The goal of this site is to help everyone have a better cruise, so it sounds like it's working!

Matt in your Coco Cay blog you mentioned you ordered lunch but when I look on the website to book it only mentions an upgraded buffet. Was the lunch available to order for everyone or just suite guests? Thanks again :-D

The lunch we ordered was a surprise to me.  The day before, I got a call to go to Wonderland on Anthem of the Seas and place the order for lunch.  This was because I was staying in a bungalow, and not because I was in a suite.

The lunch we ordered was a surprise to me.  The day before, I got a call to go to Wonderland on Anthem of the Seas and place the order for lunch.  This was because I was staying in a bungalow, and not because I was in a suite.

Fabulous! I've gone for the bungalow! :-) So excited! Thanks again for all your help!

Hmmm. You don't suppose this is something new they're trying out that might also be rolled out to Cabana and Bungalow renters on Labadee, do you? That would be awesome if they did that, but I won't hold my breath. ;)

Fabulous! I've gone for the bungalow! :-) So excited! Thanks again for all your help!

Bungalows are great. Keep in mind that lunch delivery thing might have been a test and/or just on Anthem.  But you will have a great time eitherway.

Hmmm. You don't suppose this is something new they're trying out that might also be rolled out to Cabana and Bungalow renters on Labadee, do you? That would be awesome if they did that, but I won't hold my breath. ;)

I would welcome that sort of a change, but that's primarily because I am not the world's biggest BBQ fan.