Cruise Door Magnet or cruise T-shirt for family

RCLblue10

2 hours ago, RCLblue10 said:

thanks for the replies so far.  Is there any specific sellers you would recommend? Looking to have names on magnets and Harmony OTS on t-shirt.  thank you

we have used different sellers, lots to choose from. We have always been pleased with our purchases.

We usually do magnets with our names on them. I have also bought cheap decorations at Dollar Tree and put magnets on them. I don't care so much if those get taken, though I can't say we have ever had that happen. 

I had no idea magnets could be stolen.  We've had both personalized and not personalized and have never had them stolen.  Our last cruise we had different ocean animals that represented each of the 5 of us  but not  personalized.  We would move them around on the doors multiple times each day.  I had no idea  that magnet thieves were a thing.

We were on Deck 17 on the Harmony and one of our magnets was taken. It had dolphins and said Three best friends cruise! I was so upset but they always left the doors open to that deck. 

I did find it though, I walked round the entire deck, they just moved it to another door on the port side. Sadly I removed all my magnets from the door for the rest of the sailing. 

Some sailings it happens, I've been on a total of 18 sailings and only twice were my magnets violated. 

But do not put out a white board and marker. Do that and boy oh boy, just wow!

I made up my own.  I used images found on the web and added any texted I wanted.  Then I used my home color printer to print them out on magnetic paper sheets.  Staples sells them. Each person got their own image (like a giraffe for my sister) with their names on it.  They were a hit and helped to find our rooms. They were never stolen.  Lucky maybe? Or maybe the thieves did not like my image choices.  LOL!

On 10/9/2022 at 6:30 PM, need2cruz said:

I had no idea magnets could be stolen.  We've had both personalized and not personalized and have never had them stolen.  Our last cruise we had different ocean animals that represented each of the 5 of us  but not  personalized.  We would move them around on the doors multiple times each day.  I had no idea  that magnet thieves were a thing.

Same!  I have used magnets on each cruise and have never had them stolen.  On our cruise last month we had white boards on the doors along with several magnet designs.  The first morning I noticed someone had written “hi” from GA on my board.  So I drew a smiley face and wrote HI back at you!  All week we had people leaving us messages as well as letting us know which state they were from…it was so fun!  

21 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Same!  I have used magnets on each cruise and have never had them stolen.  On our cruise last month we had white boards on the doors along with several magnet designs.  The first morning I noticed someone had written “hi” from GA on my board.  So I drew a smiley face and wrote HI back at you!  All week we had people leaving us messages as well as letting us know which state they were from…it was so fun!  

I tried the magnetic board to. Every day it was vandalized. When I would erase it they would get even more aggressive.  No more sticking anything on the outside of the door.

image.thumb.jpeg.653fd2e2b9b381ae0a3223cfcb550989.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.371a65b1e327a181b325c5b7ce2347e3.jpeg

We sailed on the Mariner over Christmas 2021 and decided to do both! Many families had matching pajamas on Christmas morning and it was great fun! It was fun to see all the outfits and everyone was in a festive mood and so happy to be cruising again. 65% capacity didn’t hurt either. Also wanted to decorate our door and found this fun Christmas Gnome on Amazon. image.thumb.png.5440cc1d7f5c3d78109211c3481c2fb0.pngWe will be on Anthem over Thanksgiving and plan to do the same. I purchased matching t-shirts on Etsy and found a fun magnetic turkey for the cabin door. Can’t wait to sail again. 🛳