Drink average price now $14?

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

This isn't true at all.

Sure is...or at least for ALL of my searches and inquires and quotes.(and I have done probably 3-400 in the past few months looking for/at cruise deals and options)

Ok...maybe 99% of the time..I willl give Royal a 1% chance that someone can find a better deal.

Feel free to send me links to all these cheaper cruises and drink packages you seem to know about with Royal.

Find me a Royal Caribbean cruise for 6 nights to Bermuda or 8 nights out of Puerto Rico in 2023....Bermuda needs to be around $499 USD taxes and drinks in.....San Juan needs to be $599 CAD with drinks and taxes in.

Good luck..lol.

Thanks.

34 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Sure is...or at least for ALL of my searches and inquires and quotes.(and I have done probably 3-400 in the past few months looking for/at cruise deals and options)

Ok...maybe 99% of the time..I willl give Royal a 1% chance that someone can find a better deal.

Feel free to send me links to all these cheaper cruises and drink packages you seem to know about with Royal.

Find me a Royal Caribbean cruise for 6 nights to Bermuda or 8 nights out of Puerto Rico in 2023....Bermuda needs to be around $499 USD taxes and drinks in.....San Juan needs to be $599 CAD with drinks and taxes in.

Good luck..lol.

Thanks.

Found these for P&O and Princess, backs up your viewpoint the Royal is charging more than others for their drinks

https://www.cruisemummy.co.uk/po-cruises-drinks-prices-menus/

https://www.cruisemummy.co.uk/princess-cruises-drinks-menus/#more-13823

Once you factor in the free Diamond and above drinks Royal may be cheaper but if you are just buying the odd glass of wine/cocktail they're pretty expensive.

14 hours ago, monctonguy said:

and then add on about 40% exchange rate for Canadians....makes cruising or drinking or anything very expensive right now!!

I agree with you that the price of alcohol seams outrageous!  We don't drink, but if we did, we'd probably be looking at all of the cruise lines prices very closely.  I don't agree with you on the prices of cruises without alcohol being higher on Royal Caribbean, though.  Each cruise line really caters to different people and what they are looking for.  We are looking at the entertainment that Royal offers that you can't get on other ships.  You will not see an aqua show, ice shows or a broadway show on the other lines.  When you factor in entertainment onboard, I believe Royal is priced very reasonably.  I guess you need to book the line for what you are seeking onboard.  I do live in the US, though, and don't have the exchange rate to factor in that you do.

55 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Well this will be the test...to see if these "cheaper" cruises with other cruise lines are worth it or not. I have loved every Royal experience so will be interesting to see how NCL and MSC stacks up against Royal firsthand.

I’m interested to hear your experiences after the cruises. 

I feel like drink prices are going up everywhere so $14 doesn't seem all that bad (at least for some of them) - though may depend on where you live (being near NYC there are some expensive drinks are some places)

I also see a benefit of the drink package that I feel more open to try different things - and if I don't like it, oh well, just get another drink, whereas if I had to pay $ specifically for that drink you better believe I will be finishing it, no matter what it tastes like lol

On 10/28/2022 at 7:51 AM, monctonguy said:

Well this will be the test...to see if these "cheaper" cruises with other cruise lines are worth it or not. I have loved every Royal experience so will be interesting to see how NCL and MSC stacks up against Royal firsthand.

From what I hear, MSC is a very different cruising experience versus Royal. I’ll be curious to hear your review. 

NCL is more comparable to Royal in terms of overall experience. 

This post makes me very thankful that I don't drink a lot.  I may have 1 or 2 drinks the whole cruise.  That is why the drink package would never be worth it for me.  Even if money wasn't a factor 2 drinks max per day would be it for me.  I had unlimited free drinks so many times at this one work conference and I had a drink or 2 each day if that.  The first night it was one, the second it was 3 that I never finished any of them.  The third was 1.  Maybe it is because I have young kids, I just can't drink like I did in college.

On 10/27/2022 at 10:09 AM, smokeybandit said:

This isn't true at all.

My Princess cruise last month the drinks were in the $10 range for what is typically $13-14 on Royal.  Beers all seemed around $1-2 cheaper as well.  I had a beverage package on there, so I wasn't looking tooo close, but they did seem generally cheaper.  

Royal is getting the pricing, so power to them.  I just bought the drink package this weekend for when I go on Oasis in January.  $718 for drinks and wifi for the week. It has pushed me more into the Celebrity or Princess camp though, but I think Royal is just fine if I go on Celebrity...

On 10/27/2022 at 9:24 AM, monctonguy said:

well yes and no....with the deal I got..it was the drink plus package....so pretty much everything covered with a few exceptions...and for $11/day I will take a chance if I have to buy an extra drink or two during the cruise..

Still..not even close if you were to add the top drink package to my MSC cruise...Royal would still be more for  just the cruise.

OH..and i didn't mention it was in CAD...so like $7USD/day for the drink package...

So yes, it is MUCH cheaper over all.....

I can now move on to my incredible deals and savings I got with NCL as well.. 8 night cruise for $491 CAD plus taxes...drinks included again... and yes, I know they have different drink package levels..

Point is....Royals cruises and drinks are much higher than the industry norm...I would say the highest(within the main 4 or 5 cruise companies out of the US)...which is why they are losing 66% of my business next year....I cant afford to cruise with Royal that often any longer...its too bad...

I have no idea what you're talking about. MSC is $39 a day for the drink package that I mentioned (that's heinekin draft only and well drinks) and $52 a day for the Plus package. Yes which is still lower than Royals, but also if you want a drink that's over the range included you pay full price for the drink, not the difference in price like on RCL. But MSC overall is cheaper than Royal to cruise on in general.  It's a choice. I've seen very mixed reviews on MSC although I'll probably try them out in the future as they start to cruise out of NYC.  With my Diamond status on Royal I don't find MSC to be that much cheaper overall. I can find some real bargains on Royal if I'm patient.

The cruise was $229 without drinks..or drinks and wifi for $299....so works out to $11/day for the drink plus package AND wifi....

Royal would add approx. $800 CAD each to the cruise price for similar options.

That's my point.

I am still waiting for someone to show me ANY cruise with Royal that would be similar in price.....at least double if not triple cost on average...when its all added up and as similar a package/options as possible..

3 hours ago, monctonguy said:

The cruise was $229 without drinks..or drinks and wifi for $299....so works out to $11/day for the drink plus package AND wifi....

Royal would add approx. $800 CAD each to the cruise price for similar options.

That's my point.

I am still waiting for someone to show me ANY cruise with Royal that would be similar in price.....at least double if not triple cost on average...when its all added up and as similar a package/options as possible..

Oh, you're talking an MSC promotion.  That a lot different than the normal MSC drink package price. That comes down to compare prices for cruises and make a decision.  I'm cruising Nov. 27 on the Anthem for $775 including all port charges and fees out of NY in a solo balcony. Since I'm Diamond I also get the  four free drinks a day and I'm bringing on my two bottles of wine.  Was looking at MSC in April out of NY and the deal was no better. 

You're cherry picking one promotion and one price out of one port and making a blanket statement. I do agree that MSC on the whole is cheaper than Royal. But look at the reviews, very mixed.

Price is one thing, value is another and that can only be determined by an individual.  If I had to pay $5 for a Budweiser I wouldn't bother having one but would happily pay $10 for a nice IPA all day. Other people think the opposite. While some think that a beer is valued at $5 no matter if they like it or not.

I'm not drinking $2 cats pee when there is something nice available for $10. Rather just have less of the $10 stuff.

17 hours ago, nferr said:

You're cherry picking one promotion and one price out of one port and making a blanket statement. I do agree that MSC on the whole is cheaper than Royal. But look at the reviews, very mixed.

Not cherry picking.....not that I need to explain my statement again....but I have been looking for Bermuda for the past 5 years....mostly looking at Royal..it has NEVER been that cheap..drinks or not.

Also..MSC, its not a one off promo..there are multiple dates and prices even cheaper.. 

As for the drink promo...sure it is..but at the end of the day, that's what it costs. Its like Royals math with 60% off second guest and kids sail free....all that matters really is the cost at the end of the day..no matter how they try to spin it or make it look like.

So as originally stated....Royal is getting only 1/3 of my business this year..based on their high prices for both their cruises AND their drinks. Fact.

When someone shows me ANY cruise with Royal that is even just double....sign me up!.

Royals drink package...on sale or not is more than my whole cruise and drinks and wifi port/fees taxes etc....

That's a fact..not opinion.. Whether or not its as good as Royal or whether I I will enjoy it or not or whether  the drink package as good as Royals, those are opinions.

14 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Not cherry picking.....not that I need to explain my statement again....but I have been looking for Bermuda for the past 5 years....mostly looking at Royal..it has NEVER been that cheap..drinks or not.

Also..MSC, its not a one off promo..there are multiple dates and prices even cheaper.. 

As for the drink promo...sure it is..but at the end of the day, that's what it costs. Its like Royals math with 60% off second guest and kids sail free....all that matters really is the cost at the end of the day..no matter how they try to spin it or make it look like.

So as originally stated....Royal is getting only 1/3 of my business this year..based on their high prices for both their cruises AND their drinks. Fact.

When someone shows me ANY cruise with Royal that is even just double....sign me up!.

Royals drink package...on sale or not is more than my whole cruise and drinks and wifi port/fees taxes etc....

That's a fact..not opinion.. Whether or not its as good as Royal or whether I I will enjoy it or not or whether  the drink package as good as Royals, those are opinions.

Well I just quoted you a price I have from Royal that's as good as I'm getting from MSC but you're not even listening. But I certainly understand your position. Shop around and purchase what you like. That's as it should be.

I am paying $299 USD for 6 night cruise to Bermuda...including drinks and Wi-Fi....when Royal has a deal like that..let me know.  Thats my point. 

Till then....Royal is way more for their cruises...or at least the 3-400 hundred I have looked at for the past 5 years to Bermuda....

Oh..and the NCL cruise is also less than half PLUS drinks and restaurants and wifi and OBC included..so probably about 4-5x cheaper when all perks factored in........

Just Royal's drink package alone would cost more....its insane.

12 minutes ago, Adriana said:

It looks like I have been given some $14 wines but my Diamond voucher covered it even though it was supposed to be capped at $13/drink. Perhaps because I just ordered a Cab and that is the one they gave me or prob Royal will be moving the cap to $14 soon. 

They upped the voucher cap right away.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just glad I no  longer drink alcohol or soda, a lot of Money saved there that can be used elsewhere such as an excursion etc.!  Which is unfortunate for them as drinks are around 90% profit. The most I splurge for is a Coffee/mocha that I just pay out of pocket, but I do that at home anyway.  Though for me I treat the ship like a hotel room as simply a place to sleep regroup while on vacation, it's the destinations is why I'm there. And most of the on board entertainment has zero interest to me personally, for sea days sure it's nice to have something to do instead of being stuck in a small room. 

Then again I've not ever cruised on one of these new mega ships with rides, surfing and all kind of hoopla. lol 

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Must admit, I'm leaning towards paying for drinks a la carte.

The free coffee is top quality, as are the free juices, and if I drink I only go mad one day but don't touch it the next.  

How much is a Fosters oil can or a Red Stripe? 

Have you ever sailed with Royal before?  If so there are two Crown and Anchor 50% off a beer or wine discounts added to your SeaPass account.  You have to ask to use it, it won't be used automatically.

If this is your first Royal cruise then the coupon will be available on your next cruise with Royal.

Foster Oil Can $9.50 (plus 18% gratuity)

Red Stripe $8.25 (plus 18% gratuity)

Prices subject to change.