The Muster Drill

VinceC

Matt's article is great just a couple of notes/quick summary on using the App.  (We have looked at the in room TV video but had already completed on the App so not sure of the exact flow there.)

Viewing it on the App can be done before boarding and that seems to be the easiest since you can stop by your muster drill location to do the final part of the check off once on the ship. So, for example, on the morning of the cruise you can log in to the app and find the safety icon at the bottom of the screen.  Click that and view the required information and videos, drill, horn and station.  Once each step is "completed" it will be noted in the app.  At that point all you need to do is drop by the station check in once on the ship.  Everyone in the party should be done in one viewing but if there  are multiple reservations each reservation will need to complete the sequence.  

• 1 month later...

Something new for me with the Muster Drill. I don't know if others experienced this change.

On all of my previous back to back cruises... every guest, including those on a consecutive (back to back) cruise, had to complete the muster drill shortly after boarding.

Today on the Anthem...we were told if we were staying in the same room, or in a different room that had the same muster station as the previous room, then we didn't need to do the eMuster or report to the muster station. Shortly after noon my app showed that my drill was 'completed'. I like it!

20221204_081503~2.jpg

I just got off an NCL cruise (my first post-COVID, a postponed cruise from the week in March 2020 when the world went off the rails) where we did the video muster drill.  They emailed us three times before the cruise to watch the video, and then asked us if we did when we showed up to the muster station.  On top of that, when you first turn on the TV in your cabin you are forced to watch the video again before you can change channels. I changed cabins (we booked two, one for my kids and one for DW and I) and we had to view the video again on the TV after switching rooms.

I don't know if Royal does it this way, but if you're on a B2+B I'd imagine you can just flip on the TV and let it run while you are getting ready for the day. 

In any case, watching the video is far better than standing in the heat with a thousand other people.  I'm glad that RCL pioneered this (Matt had a podcast about it a long time ago).