Dining Plan reservations

PeloAl

1 hour ago, Sunny_D said:

So if you don’t have a dining package and are booking specialty restaurants individually, can you do that through the app?

Yes. Sometimes if I really want a specific specialty restaurant on a certain date and time, I’ll book it and pay for it on the Cruise Planner to make sure I get it. When I board, then I’ll book my pre-purchased specialty dinings. So if I have the three night package, I end up having four.

3 hours ago, PeloAl said:

Ok thanks. Seems like such a hassle 🙁

That’s the trade off for getting the discount. For some (me) the hassle isn’t worth the discount. I’d rather pay more for the day and time I want and knowing that the reservations are set well before I board the ship. 

15 minutes ago, Ryan79 said:

That’s the trade off for getting the discount. For some (me) the hassle isn’t worth the discount. I’d rather pay more for the day and time I want and knowing that the reservations are set well before I board the ship. 

I’ll have to do the math but I don’t think it’ll be beneficial as we’re a party of 4 so it adds up quickly. 

9 hours ago, PeloAl said:

We have the 3 night dining plan. Can anyone confirm- do you have to go to one of the specialty restaurants to make reservations OR can you make them on the app once you’re onboard? Just trying to plan a little. Ty!

Once aboard you can make reservations on the app. I think some people misread your post. Once aboard the ship you can do lots of things from the app, I have made reservations that way plenty of times. 

Once you connect to the ship's wifi you will be able to make restaurant reservations in the app. 

Be aware that your dining reservation time that you selected shows on your calendar and often a courtesy reservation was made for you at a restaurant.  This happened on my current sailing and it wouldn't let me edit the courtesy reservation or cancel it and switch restaurants so we had to go to the kiosk in the Promenade to have them change it for you. I was able to make lunch and dinner reservations for the rest of the cruise without any issues.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, oliver9 said:

Hi
Where is the Promenade Kiosk? is it easy to identify?  Our check-in time is at 11, I wonder how long the line is in the kiosk by the time we get to the promenade.

It varies by ship.  On most ships you enter onto the Promenade (or very close), so it won't take long to get there.  You won't have a long line early in the day like that.

8 hours ago, oliver9 said:

Hi
Where is the Promenade Kiosk? is it easy to identify?  Our check-in time is at 11, I wonder how long the line is in the kiosk by the time we get to the promenade.

Just look for the table/counter in the Promenade with the photos of food and/or the specialty restaurant menus. There usually are several tables there for different things like internet, the spa, shops and the dining reservations. 

On 10/8/2022 at 3:01 PM, PeloAl said:

I’ll have to do the math but I don’t think it’ll be beneficial as we’re a party of 4 so it adds up quickly. 

@PeloAlI see they have the 3 night dining option for $102 right now.  Chops+1 was $85 and one night specialty was like $54...the current price for 3 nights is not bad at all...kinda like a buy 2 get 1 free, if you will.

If your booked in a suite, the suite concierge can pretty much get the time you want with a quick email to them. We just did that last week. One of the nice perks of sailing in a suite. We had 7:00 dinner reservations, which for most is considered prime time and there were still quite a few tables available. 

Happy Cruising!

9 hours ago, FManke said:

If your booked in a suite, the suite concierge can pretty much get the time you want with a quick email to them. We just did that last week. One of the nice perks of sailing in a suite. We had 7:00 dinner reservations, which for most is considered prime time and there were still quite a few tables available. 

Happy Cruising!

How many days out were you when you sent that email off or were you already onboard?