Credit card on file question

Sunny_D

Does the credit card you use to reserve your cruise (and make subsequent payments up to final payment) get saved by Royal Caribbean to also be used as the card on file during the cruise? My husband is paying for his brother and SIL’s cabin on our upcoming cruise, but definitely does not want to also pay for their onboard expenses.  Once the final payment is made on the cabin (November), will his card disappear off their reservation, or will we need to contact someone to get that done? Thanks!

23 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You can pick which credit cards are used for each passenger for onboard payment when you check in for the cruise.

Thank you.  Do you know at the time of check in if my husband’s original card would have been saved and would appear to BIL as an option to choose, rather than add his own?  Because if given the choice I think he would do that and feign ignorance later 😂

If husband is paying for the cruise, and the reservations are linked (which, if not, they probably should be to ensure things like dining together) he can do their check-in. I've done that when we travel with my wife's sister. I just ask her what credit card she wants to use on board and enter it for her when I do her check-in.