Outside Big Screen Films

Lyrical

Not really.  RC does not generally post its entertainment schedule in advance and I have never seen a reliable means of knowing which films will be available to see onboard.

Do they generally show a movie every night or only a couple of nights during a cruise? Does it depend on the cruise? We'll be sailing on Serenade in Oct.

Do they generally show a movie every night or only a couple of nights during a cruise? Does it depend on the cruise? We'll be sailing on Serenade in Oct.

Depends. Smaller ships show more movies because it's an easy form of entertainment to offer.  Serenade fits that bill, so I'd expect a few different movies during your cruise.

When I was on Navigator of the Seas, it felt like there was a movie per night.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2017 at 10:38 PM, fmanke said:

On the Oasis in February 2017 they showed an afternoon movie (more children oriented), and then an evening movie.  Was very nice on the stern, at the Aqua Theatre. 2 big screens on either side of the Aqua Theatre,

On 3/29/2017 at 9:15 AM, fmanke said:

Or better yet, how about, "The Poseidon Adventure." The original of course, not the remake.  :lol:

Truly one of my favorite movies of all time .....

Best quotes ...

Mr. Rogo:   "You took from me, the only thing I ever loved in the whole world, My Linda"

or, the ever classic Mrs. Rosen, "So I gained a few pounds, but in the water, I'm a very skinny lady", and "Manny, if I get stuck, Push"

And the best of them all..... brought to you from the Christmas Tree when Rev. Scott helped Mrs. Rosen up the tree ..."Didn't mean to get so "familiar" with you there, Mrs. Rosen"

Classics .... all of them :1_grinning::1_grinning:

1 minute ago, coneyraven said:

Truly one of my favorite movies of all time .....

Best quotes ...

Mr. Rogo:   "You took from me, the only thing I ever loved in the whole world, My Linda"

or, the ever classic Mrs. Rosen, "So I gained a few pounds, but in the water, I'm a very skinny lady", and "Manny, if I get stuck, Push"

And the best of them all..... brought to you from the Christmas Tree when Rev. Scott helped Mrs. Rosen up the tree ..."Didn't mean to get so "familiar" with you there, Mrs. Rosen"

Classics .... all of them :1_grinning::1_grinning:

That's when cruising was cruising!

Poolside big screen movies from the Navigator 9 night sailing earlier this month:

Moana

Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk

Dr. Strange

La La Land

Masterminds

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Inferno

They usually had two per evening, rotating the early and late times of each selection.  On evenings where there were other things going on at the pool deck (white attire/black light party, etc.) there was only one.