Jump to content

Confusion about Wonder's escape room


Brandis
 Share

Recommended Posts

I know the escape room was not ready when the ship came out earlier this year. In one video from the inaugral cruise, someone filmed the space and it was just an empty room. A couple of weeks ago, Morgan from the Very Unofficial Travel Guides was on board and I asked him to check it out as well. He also told me that it was still empty.

While looking at the daily program for the current cruise, I noticed a recurring point called "The Royal Society of Puzzle" and there is even an official RCL website calling it the fleet's newest escape room.

So I'm wondering if it finally is in place and open for guests? Anyone currently on Wonder who could check it out for me? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, BowTieBrigade said:

It’s absolutely frustrating!

It is very frustrating. Don't put anything in your advertising materials you have yet to even start construction on. Or at the very very least put a big banner saying Coming in spring 2023 or whenever the heck they plan on getting around to it. It's not major construction and could be done with little to no disruption to services. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

256 views and no new news. ☹️ Anyone been on Wonder lately? Noticed anything? It stinks they advertise this feature, charge more then any other ship because it's new, then after paying in full you find out they haven't even built it yet.

I can check in December..the escape room costs extra..but all the ones I've tried on other Royal ships have been totally worth the $20 charge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I can check in December..the escape room costs extra..but all the ones I've tried on other Royal ships have been totally worth the $20 charge.

That would be fantastic!!! Thanks so much!!! Looking forward to learning any new info on it and it's progress. Hopefully it will be up and running for you. Enjoy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I won't be on Wonder until January, but I decided to try to see if it's open now by checking out the current list of activities on the app.  i went ahead and clicked on the calendar at the top.  "Change ship dates", Switched my sailing to the current sailing, "activities", then "games and competitions", then clicked on "the Royal Society of Puzzle".  It says it's running every day and the times are listed under "show more".  It says, "This activity is held on the Escape Room on Deck 14 Forward next to Adventure Ocean".  Says there is, "Capacity restriction minimum of 6 guests and maximum of 12 guests".  Price available before finalizing.  I would think this means it has to be open.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, need2cruz said:

I won't be on Wonder until January, but I decided to try to see if it's open now by checking out the current list of activities on the app.  i went ahead and clicked on the calendar at the top.  "Change ship dates", Switched my sailing to the current sailing, "activities", then "games and competitions", then clicked on "the Royal Society of Puzzle".  It says it's running every day and the times are listed under "show more".  It says, "This activity is held on the Escape Room on Deck 14 Forward next to Adventure Ocean".  Says there is, "Capacity restriction minimum of 6 guests and maximum of 12 guests".  Price available before finalizing.  I would think this means it has to be open.  

Thats what I think as well. The only strange thing is that only about 2 or 3 weeks ago, someone I know was on Wonder and I had him specifically check the Escape Room, he said he was able to look inside but there was only an empty, bare room with a table inside. I would expect to have such things installed while they are homported in Florida, not while in Europe.

The wording "This activity is held in the Escape Room" makes me think that they just use the bare room for jigsaw puzzels 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Brandis said:

Thats what I think as well. The only strange thing is that only about 2 or 3 weeks ago, someone I know was on Wonder and I had him specifically check the Escape Room, he said he was able to look inside but there was only an empty, bare room with a table inside. I would expect to have such things installed while they are homported in Florida, not while in Europe.

The wording "This activity is held in the Escape Room" makes me think that they just use the bare room for jigsaw puzzels 🙂

Someone else said within the past few weeks room was empty. While I thank Need2cruz for the really great research. (wish I thought of it) lol. I still wouldn't hold my breath. My guess is Brandis guess is sadly probably right. And it would be the very first time ever the app was wrong about something. Lol. 😃😃😃 Thanks everyone. Looking forward to your first hand reports.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Resurrecting this post.  The 12/31 sailing on the Wonder has Royal Society of Puzzles by Puzzle Break available to reserve and it's complimentary.  Wondering if it's set to open sometime after arriving to Port Canaveral and it's free for the first few sailings?  Any new info on it?  I have it reserved for our NYE cruise since it's available!  I've searched lots of pages and groups and can't find any updates on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/7/2022 at 3:22 PM, k8lin said:

Resurrecting this post.  The 12/31 sailing on the Wonder has Royal Society of Puzzles by Puzzle Break available to reserve and it's complimentary.  Wondering if it's set to open sometime after arriving to Port Canaveral and it's free for the first few sailings?  Any new info on it?  I have it reserved for our NYE cruise since it's available!  I've searched lots of pages and groups and can't find any updates on it.

I actually meant to ask them, but didn‘t come around to do it yet, lots of things to do on the ship 🙂

However, I went there and it really just is an empty, generic room. Sometimes, they even hold Friends of Bill W. meetings in there.

There is apparently a sign for it at the entrance in the forward atrium, but it‘s still covered up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This summer on the Odyssey, we participated in a Puzzle Break activity.  It is very similar to an escape room, but does not need the room for the puzzles.  They put us in groups of at least six, and off we went.  They may be holding something similar in the space that is supposed to be an escape room someday on the Wonder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was just on the Transatlantic and people were doing this activity.  The pictures did not look like what I have seen as an escape room.  

Someone did mention that is is a form of escape game and they are waiting for more props etc. That have not arrived due to supply. Hain and the ship being in Europe for the summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have read about people doing puzzles in this space. My concern with these reports is people getting confused. A proper escape room like say the one on Oasis is a very technical themed place. Lots of electronics involved etc. Would love to get a first hand account from someone. Someone here just posted in the last 2 weeks the space was empty. The kind of work needed couldn't possibly have happened this fast. Now Wonder is back in Florida hoping someone can check out and give full first hand report and review soon. 🙏 photos would be great. Anyone going soon?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did the Royal Society of Puzzle on the Wonder TA. It's not a full escape room experience compared to other ships like Symphony, so it lacks the original decor and everything. But they have a game designed for the current state of the room that technically is an escape game. The room is prepared before you arrive, then you get instructions and have 50 minutes to solve it in a group of 6-12 people. You search for keys and clues and solve puzzles and riddles. So it may not look as cool as other Royal escape rooms but it's complimentary so there's that. We still had a lot of fun. Booking is via the daily planner in the app as soon as you're connected to the ship's wifi. If your group is smaller than the required minimum you'll be playing with strangers which adds to the fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Neaxan said:

I did the Royal Society of Puzzle on the Wonder TA. It's not a full escape room experience compared to other ships like Symphony, so it lacks the original decor and everything. But they have a game designed for the current state of the room that technically is an escape game. The room is prepared before you arrive, then you get instructions and have 50 minutes to solve it in a group of 6-12 people. You search for keys and clues and solve puzzles and riddles. So it may not look as cool as other Royal escape rooms but it's complimentary so there's that. We still had a lot of fun. Booking is via the daily planner in the app as soon as you're connected to the ship's wifi. If your group is smaller than the required minimum you'll be playing with strangers which adds to the fun.

Thanks for the info. It's still sad and ridiculous that the Escape room they advertised is still not built. False advertising Royal. Even a lousy estimated date for it on website would be nice. Anyone here anything on plans and time-line moving forward please post in future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Well at least with the current state of the escape room your username will remain honest 😉 

Oh, that plan long since past. Lol. I did some damage to my credit card in the cruise planner for black Friday sales. Lol. But really got into escape rooms about 2 years ago and was/am very much looking forward to Wonders. (When it's finally done). Happily would pay extra for it. They can be a blast. Originally booked Oasis and was looking forward to that one, before making switch to Wonder for May 2023. If anyone finds out more info about future time line, please please update. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

Just added to our Cruise Planner... 1/7/23 sailing... entertainment also posted!

 

image.thumb.png.85192b12da7a86ca97b0a670969cbdd5.png

Thanks so much for posting this!  I just booked the free escape room experience for my January Wonder cruise and booked the entertainment, too!  I’m so excited to get to do this escape room for free!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, need2cruz said:

Thanks so much for posting this!  I just booked the free escape room experience for my January Wonder cruise and booked the entertainment, too!  I’m so excited to get to do this escape room for free!

Remember this is not the real "themed" escape room they were supposed to be building like on Oasis etc. That's why it's free.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/21/2022 at 12:32 PM, Neaxan said:

I did the Royal Society of Puzzle on the Wonder TA. It's not a full escape room experience compared to other ships like Symphony, so it lacks the original decor and everything. But they have a game designed for the current state of the room that technically is an escape game. The room is prepared before you arrive, then you get instructions and have 50 minutes to solve it in a group of 6-12 people. You search for keys and clues and solve puzzles and riddles. So it may not look as cool as other Royal escape rooms but it's complimentary so there's that. We still had a lot of fun. Booking is via the daily planner in the app as soon as you're connected to the ship's wifi. If your group is smaller than the required minimum you'll be playing with strangers which adds to the fun.

Is it different then the big "group" one they will on some ships, like in 270 on Anthem (or one of the other lounges on ships like Adventure)?  That one was themed to some sort of art museum heist or something like that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

Is it different then the big "group" one they will on some ships, like in 270 on Anthem (or one of the other lounges on ships like Adventure)?  That one was themed to some sort of art museum heist or something like that.

 

The escape room on Wonder was to have a submarine theme. It was to hold about a dozen people at a time for a cost of $20 to $30 person. The room on Oasis is a Nasa launch Control room. These are heavily themed rooms with lots of buttons to push, electrical gadgets etc. The "puzzles" etc they are using for free right now sounds like a set up they bought from an outside vendor. I'm beginning to question if the real deal will ever be built? Since there is a per person fee involved, you would think they would try harder to get it done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...