Would this be allowed?

Robert M

The issue I see with this adapter is the receptacle on the top in your picture. Royal's US outlet style (properly) has the ground on the top. Due to Royals outlets are close to the desk surface, I don't think you will have much clearance to plug in anything to the top receptacle. Here is a recent picture from an Independence oceanview for reference.

This situation is going to be by-and-large the norm for inside cabins, oceanview, balconies, and even jr suites across the fleet. Grand suite and above? No adapters necessary, there will be plenty of outlets in many different places in those type of cabins.

IMG_0426.jpeg

Just to throw another option at you:  I take this on all trips https://www.amazon.com/NEWVANGA-International-Universal-Worldwide-Charging/dp/B01FO4W5W2/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1HZP6LU2BZSB9&keywords=power+adapter&qid=1665091000&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI2LjMwIiwicXNhIjoiNS45NCIsInFzcCI6IjUuNzMifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=power+adapter+%2Caps%2C92&sr=8-7

It has the advantage of being an adapter to many country's plugs.  So while it will plug into a US plug, it will also plug into the Euro plugs on the ship, increasing your outlet capacity.  The two usb ports are great for charging and you can still plug something else into it.  It says surge protection, but has never been looked at twice for cruises.

What I use is actually not allowed by definition because it is surge protected. But I have gotten away with it for 25 plus cruises. The most important thing about outlet expanders or any other electrical device you want to bring onboard is that it does not have a cord. Objects that have a cord will get red flagged every time. Second most important thing is that the additional receptacles are two, three, maybe four. More than that? Naughty table.  A "charger" (for a phone, camera, laptop, etc. etc.) even though they have a cord are all OK, not a problem. You wanna bring something else electrical with a cord? Here is a recent picture of a naughty table at the end of a cruise on Symphony, beginning to see a pattern??? Incidentally I am going to make it a point to take pictures of naughty tables after every cruise, I think they are funny! I'll post a collage of them sometime in the future.

My adapter is a Belkin Model BZ103050 TVL and was under $20 from Amazon. One nice feature is that whole thing rotates. The USB ports? An underwhelming amount of amps; almost unusable.

IMG_0876.jpeg

This is the same adapter I took on our most recent sailing, which had the horizontal 3-prong outlet, rather than upright or upside down. Worked perfectly for us, even without the use of one of the sides (too low of clearance to plug anything). Orientation of the outlets varies by ship.

2 hours ago, fa-li said:

Just to throw another option at you:  I take this on all trips https://www.amazon.com/NEWVANGA-International-Universal-Worldwide-Charging/dp/B01FO4W5W2/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1HZP6LU2BZSB9&keywords=power+adapter&qid=1665091000&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI2LjMwIiwicXNhIjoiNS45NCIsInFzcCI6IjUuNzMifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=power+adapter+%2Caps%2C92&sr=8-7

It has the advantage of being an adapter to many country's plugs.  So while it will plug into a US plug, it will also plug into the Euro plugs on the ship, increasing your outlet capacity.  The two usb ports are great for charging and you can still plug something else into it.  It says surge protection, but has never been looked at twice for cruises.

I like this !  Ordering one tomorrow.  Thanks

3 hours ago, bobroo said:

Grand suite and above? No adapters necessary, there will be plenty of outlets in many different places in those type of cabins.

Guess that depends on who you are.  I need my adapters in all the Grand Suite's I've stayed in.  Now Symphony came close to accommodating (Don't do wonder until Dec), but there is also the mater of outlet convenience.