Question about deck 17 access

Sunny_D

Hi, newbie here.  My husband and I are going on Allure in Feb and in some ways this will be like our first cruise (I've been on several, including on Royal Caribbean's "Song of Norway" back in 1992 as an 11 year old, but this is our first without my family and as the paying, responsible adults 😂).  We booked a Crown Loft suite, and later my husband decided to add his brother and SIL as a birthday gift to them and purchased a balcony cabin.  My question is: will they be able to just come directly to our cabin, or is there an access point somewhere for only people with room keys for that deck?  I apologize for my ignorance, but I have read conflicting info...some say only the CK restaurant and suite lounge are key-accessed, while others say the whole floor is key-accessed.  Thank you, appreciate any advice!

There are glass doors that sometimes will be closed and it requires a suite key card to open the door.  Much of the time they are propped open but certain types of people like to close them as they pass through.  If your cruise has some of these types of fellow guests your deck 17 neighbor may be closing the door all the time.  In that event they won't be able to come directly to your deck 17 suite door.  

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

There are glass doors that sometimes will be closed and it requires a suite key card to open the door.  Much of the time they are propped open but certain types of people like to close them as they pass through.  If your cruise has some of these types of fellow guests your deck 17 neighbor may be closing the door all the time.  In that event they won't be able to come directly to your deck 17 suite door.  

I am this neighbor but I have horrendously annoying family members that enjoy randomly showing up and knocking on our door at the worst times. It’s really nice to be able to control the situation on deck 17 and I apologize in advance to those whom I inconvenience. 

12 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I am this neighbor but I have horrendously annoying family members that enjoy randomly showing up and knocking on our door at the worst times. It’s really nice to be able to control the situation on deck 17 and I apologize in advance to those whom I inconvenience. 

I am "that guy" as well, I always try and keep the access doors closed.