Radiance

Mike n Ky

I see that this ship is sailing out of Galveston this winter and has some nice itineraries and pretty good pricing. Since I have never been on the ship but only seen some online content, I would like some input from those here who have sailed on her over the past couple/three years. 

The smallest ships we have sailed on over the past 5 years have been Navigator and Liberty. During that same time we have sailed on Allure 4 times and Symphony once.

We have sailed on Radiance twice.  Once was a trans pacific.  She is probably our second favorite ship.  My hubby loves to play darts while sailing and the Radiance still has her dart board and English pub.  She has a movie theater that is good for long sailings.  She is a smaller and older ship but is well maintained.  She still has her staircase in the Centrum unlike Brilliance.  If you sail on her and want a balcony the best balcony cabins are the aft cabins.   We will be back on her in 2 weeks and have another cruise on her next August.  Hope you enjoy the Radiance as much as we do.

We were on Radiance last month and had a great time. Definitely smaller than the other ships I've sailed (Freedom, Adventure, Harmony). There are fewer "attractions" and fewer public spaces for passengers to spread out, but there's also fewer passengers to begin with so nowhere felt crowded. It didn't seem like the ship was super outdated or in desperate need of maintenance. Staff was great. Our only real complaint was that it seemed like dinner portions at the MDR was a little skimpy.

I have heard nothing but good things about that ship when I was looking into booking a one Alaskain cruise from Seward to Vancouver. It’s not a Oasis or Quantum class with all the bells and whistles, but I would sail on the Radiance any day of the week. It has a Brazilian BBQ onboard if you are craving a case of the meat sweats! 😂

On 10/6/2022 at 1:51 PM, Shari said:

We have sailed on Radiance twice.  Once was a trans pacific.  She is probably our second favorite ship.  My hubby loves to play darts while sailing and the Radiance still has her dart board and English pub.  She has a movie theater that is good for long sailings.  She is a smaller and older ship but is well maintained.  She still has her staircase in the Centrum unlike Brilliance.  If you sail on her and want a balcony the best balcony cabins are the aft cabins.   We will be back on her in 2 weeks and have another cruise on her next August.  Hope you enjoy the Radiance as much as we do.

I'm so happy to read this, I have an aft facing balcony on her for our Alaskan cruise next summer!

12 minutes ago, NJCruisers said:

I'm so happy to read this, I have an aft facing balcony on her for our Alaskan cruise next summer!

I had an aft facing balcony on an Alaskan cruise for my honeymoon and it was amazing because cruising through the inner passage gives you amazing views on both sides of the ship. You will get to see all of it as where everyone not in an aft cabin will only see half of what that part of Alaska has to offer

I've sailed her twice and I'm on her sister ship (serenade) right now..I enjoy it very much.  It is a truly beautiful ship. That said,  you need to go in with proper expectations.  She's a Panamax vessel.  This means she's the largest ship that can go through the old panama canal locks.

That limits her size to about 60% of liberty size. She has a nice centrum, solarium and some other venues. But there just isn't room for a flowrider or royal promenade 

I've been on ROTS for 6 cruises and she is one of my fav ships.  It's plenty large enough to ride well and provide n excellent cruise experience.  She has been well maintained.  The first time I was on the ship she was the worlds largest cruise ship, my how things have changed.  After reading your post I'm going to look for cruise out of Galveston.

Bill