Diamond Lounge> Who goes?

Censored

On 10/9/2022 at 9:21 PM, Psycho and Barb said:

We went a lot more before the drink change and miss the old days.  It was nice when it was packed and you met a lot of great cruisers.  Now on some ships…The Diamond lounge is a graveyard 

I agree, the social aspect was nice, but most people (myself included) prefer the vouchers so you can order anything at any time at any venue.

As a frugal cruiser who isn't a huge drinker, I enjoy being able to get free frozen drinks during the day rather than be limited to more standard cocktails from the old limited DL happy hour menu.

9 hours ago, Adriana said:

It is a locked lounge? It only opens with our card? Okay, that is super neat!! Yeah, I am a dork, but that makes it all the more cool and special! 

There will be a card reader near the door, or on the door handle on some ships,  just swipe your SeaPass card to open the door.

As a solo I've found on some cruises there are folks open to sitting with strangers and on other cruises, especially after the shutdown, many folks don't want to sit with strangers.  

My DL usage is down since they went to the voucher system.  I think that was the point - get people out of the crowded lounge.  For me I've just as easily met folks at bars as in the DL.  Some long term friends were first met on Empress that never had a DL.    

Generally cruise in a mixed group so it doesnt really make any sense to go sit in the lounge without the group.

On a couple of occasions that is has just been us we have "stuck our heads in" but it doesnt do much for us and seems generally "very quiet". Having cruised so much I dont really have anything I need the concierge for so there just doesnt seem to be a huge point to "going to the lounge" ... actually i think the time i used it most was when i was "Working from cruise" last Thanksgiving and used it as my office 🙂

Just go off Navigator and visited the DL multiple times a day... mostly for the coffee machine. Always nice to chat with other members/concierge for a bit. Over the summer on Odyssey when traveling with 12+ family members, it was a nice/air conditioned/quiet place to sit and visit with each other. Rarely do I go specifically for the food, but won't pass up a coconut cookie if they are offered.

• 1 month later...

Diamond Lounge, Navigator of the Seas...

I have previously professed to mostly not using the Diamond Lounge.

Now let me back up a bit... My Wife's and my C&A cruise points do not match, and they should.  On the phone, the best answer I've received from Royal, is don't worry about it, as the Wife receives the benefits of the Husband's status.  Really?  Via emails, the best answer I've received is no reply at all.

So, on my recent cruise aboard Navigator, I spent a little more time in the Diamond Lounge, and while there, I asked two different Diamond Concierges if they could fix the cruise points situation for us.  The first person said he'd look into it and keep us updated.  5-days later, I asked a different Diamond Concierge about the progress.  Our issue was completely new to him, so he said he'd look into it.  On the last day of the cruise, my Wife discovered her C&A account now showed our points as matching.  Hallelujah!

So, what Royal would not do for us, the Diamond Lounge services did.  I did let them know of my appreciation.  Thanks.

And because of my newfound participation in the Diamond Lounge, I discovered some pretty nice coffee drinks.  Thanks for that too.🥰

3 hours ago, WAYNO said:

Diamond Lounge, Navigator of the Seas...

I have previously professed to mostly not using the Diamond Lounge.

Now let me back up a bit... My Wife's and my C&A cruise points do not match, and they should.  On the phone, the best answer I've received from Royal, is don't worry about it, as the Wife receives the benefits of the Husband's status.  Really?  Via emails, the best answer I've received is no reply at all.

So, on my recent cruise aboard Navigator, I spent a little more time in the Diamond Lounge, and while there, I asked two different Diamond Concierges if they could fix the cruise points situation for us.  The first person said he'd look into it and keep us updated.  5-days later, I asked a different Diamond Concierge about the progress.  Our issue was completely new to him, so he said he'd look into it.  On the last day of the cruise, my Wife discovered her C&A account now showed our points as matching.  Hallelujah!

So, what Royal would not do for us, the Diamond Lounge services did.  I did let them know of my appreciation.  Thanks.

And because of my newfound participation in the Diamond Lounge, I discovered some pretty nice coffee drinks.  Thanks for that too.🥰

Who was the concierge that got it fixed? Francisco?

On 10/6/2022 at 11:14 AM, Fairlynew said:

I sometimes use it for a quiet space on sea days, when I don't want to be out in the sun.  I also use the diamond concierge instead of guest services.

I agree with all the above, but I mainly go to speak with the diamond concierge. They can help with tender tickets, last minute dining reservations, or any general issues that may arise during our cruise. I've found that the concierge usually goes above and beyond in meeting any needs that I may have - which I am very grateful for.

It's the little things, right?