Room Service on RCCL Explained

jeffporfirio

Hello.

Next summer will be our firs RCCL (Med out of Rome) after solely cruising DCL.

Am I getting the following facts on Room Service right?

- Breakfast is free

- All other times there is a service charge

Is there a room-service menu? On DCL you just order whatever comes to mind, from donuts to buffalo wings to milkshakes.

Of course always tip the service personnel

TIA

26 minutes ago, jeffporfirio said:

Hello.

Next summer will be our firs RCCL (Med out of Rome) after solely cruising DCL.

Am I getting the following facts on Room Service right?

- Breakfast is free

- All other times there is a service charge

Is there a room-service menu? On DCL you just order whatever comes to mind, from donuts to buffalo wings to milkshakes.

Of course always tip the service personnel

TIA

No breakfast as a whole is not free, only continental. Hot/American breakfast will incur the fee. Basically, if you are ordering hot food, it will be $7.95. There is a menu, you can see on the app and the selection is very limited. If you are staying in a grand suite or higher, room service is free and during dinner times you can order off the MDR menu. 

On 10/5/2022 at 3:48 PM, Ampurp85 said:

No breakfast as a whole is not free, only continental. Hot/American breakfast will incur the fee. Basically, if you are ordering hot food, it will be $7.95. There is a menu, you can see on the app and the selection is very limited. If you are staying in a grand suite or higher, room service is free and during dinner times you can order off the MDR menu. 

In addition to the $7.95 an 18% gratuity is also added

On 10/8/2022 at 1:28 PM, Pooch said:

Yes, you can get anything on the room service menu or, when open, the MDR menu, but I always tip the server.

Let me understand, if DS2 (has autism) just can not handle the MDR after an all day excursion of hiking in Alaska, we can order a meal from the MDR menu for him to enjoy in the cabin.  Tip of course, but no service charge? 

1 hour ago, SteelersNationVA said:

Let me understand, if DS2 (has autism) just can not handle the MDR after an all day excursion of hiking in Alaska, we can order a meal from the MDR menu for him to enjoy in the cabin.  Tip of course, but no service charge? 

Correct.  Complimentary room service from the MDR is available any time the MDR is open - so all meals, not just dinner.  In addition to food from the MDR, you can order food from the regular room service menu at no charge, even during hours that the MDR is closed.  You will benefit from the fact that you will have a dining table and chairs in your suite.  This is one of the best aspects of the OS, IMO.

The free room service is available for any suite, GS and above. We enjoyed MDR dining room service after a full a day in Athens, getting back just as ship sailed. Nice to get the upgraded meal without having to clean up and go the MDR. Also enjoyed a quick afternoon snack on the balcony one afternoon. 

Happy Cruising!