Has anyone had a good Bloody Mary on Oasis of the Seas?

JeffM111

Hello All,

This one's just for fun. Has anyone had a good Bloody Mary on board Oasis? I know it's mostly a matter of preference so my definition of good is better than plain old tomato juice and house vodka. I'm ok with the house vodka as long as it's paired with a decent mix (Zing Zang, Major Peters, Mr. and Mrs. T's thick and rich or the like) and has a more than just a piece of celery for a garnish.

So do any of the bars on Oasis have anything like this? 

Thanks and Cheers!

I don't know specifically what mix they use for the bloody mary, but it's a mix and not just tomato juice.  If you have the drink package, you can call your liquor brand and don't have to default to the house.  Usually there's just an olive and a lime for a garnish in that ones that I've had.  Some bars have the Worcestershire sauce at the bar and will throw in a dash of that and tabasco as well if you want it spicy.

I've had Bloody Mary's onboard, mild to wild.  First, I've never had a bad Bloody Mary.  Second, some of the Bloody Mary's onboard are exquisite, and have an included salad within the drink. 🤩

Which bar is not always as important as who is tending the bar.  And I try to get along well with the bartenders and servers.🤑

LOL Pooch! My wife feels the same. Absolutly hates them. I ususally get something like "how can you drink that aweful concoction". She tends to like the sweeter drinks that I can't fathom drinking. Good thing we balance eachother out. Her sweet, me... not so much (probably applies to more than just the drinks🤪).

On 10/6/2022 at 7:33 PM, Pooch said:

I’ve never had a GOOD Bloody Mary 🤢

And I have NEVER had a good Bloody Mary on the Oasis. But then again...I have never been on the Oasis! I can remember on the Allure they offered a BLT Bloody Mary at the pub on the promenade that was killer. The drink came with two slices of bacon, a frond(?) of romaine lettuce and a couple of cherry tomatoes on a skewer. 😎

On 10/6/2022 at 10:58 AM, WAYNO said:

I've had Bloody Mary's onboard, mild to wild.  First, I've never had a bad Bloody Mary.  Second, some of the Bloody Mary's onboard are exquisite, and have an included salad within the drink. 🤩

Which bar is not always as important as who is tending the bar.  And I try to get along well with the bartenders and servers.🤑

idk why, but 'mild to wild' really has me laughing 🤣

On 10/5/2022 at 12:40 PM, JeffM111 said:

Hello All,

This one's just for fun. Has anyone had a good Bloody Mary on board Oasis? I know it's mostly a matter of preference so my definition of good is better than plain old tomato juice and house vodka. I'm ok with the house vodka as long as it's paired with a decent mix (Zing Zang, Major Peters, Mr. and Mrs. T's thick and rich or the like) and has a more than just a piece of celery for a garnish.

So do any of the bars on Oasis have anything like this? 

Thanks and Cheers!

Make sure they add the Worcteshire and horse radish to the Bloody Mary.  Gotta add some spice.  Good Bloody Mary’s come w a piece of bacon as a garnish, along w the olive and the celery stalk. 

Talking with a bartender on Ovation this past Aug., he said the mix is ship wide and mild. He made one straight up and asked how it was. To me way too mild, so then I asked him to spice it up, much better! All the bars have hotsauce and horseradish if you ask for it.  Like many things at Royal you need to find the right bartender, get to know them and they will take care of you.  If you are expecting an amazing bloody at the MDR breakfast you will be disappointed. 

On 10/8/2022 at 7:26 PM, rjac said:

And I have NEVER had a good Bloody Mary on the Oasis. But then again...I have never been on the Oasis! I can remember on the Allure they offered a BLT Bloody Mary at the pub on the promenade that was killer. The drink came with two slices of bacon, a frond(?) of romaine lettuce and a couple of cherry tomatoes on a skewer. 😎

Miss the BLT Bloody Mary.

20160510_205917_copy_1024x1821.thumb.jpg.c9c45ecc6337d67cb46bc79631360b9b.jpg

While not built to the same specifications as yours. It was still a nice step up from today's standard.

2 hours ago, D Alt said:

Best bartender on Oasis is Anthony at the Solarium Bar.  I've had great drinks from him.  And yes, the Bloody Mary's are good. Just tell them how you like it.  

now you're making me miss oasis quite badly 😅 she used to be our favorite of the class, especially after the reamplification...

17 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Miss the BLT Bloody Mary.

20160510_205917_copy_1024x1821.thumb.jpg.c9c45ecc6337d67cb46bc79631360b9b.jpg

While not built to the same specifications as yours. It was still a nice step up from today's standard.

Oh my gosh, that looks like a meal!

But I just have one question...what is going on in the background of this photo??? Is someone leaping through the air? Maybe I need a second cup of caffeine to figure it out.

8 hours ago, fireclan said:

But I just have one question...what is going on in the background of this photo??? Is someone leaping through the air?

From what I recall the picture was taken next the pub after procuring the tasty beverage. So my feeling is it is a mannequin featuring some logo wear.

I think this is all about personal taste and the bartender and what is available to make that Bloody Mary.   Im from Canada, so  what is popular here is called a Bloody Caesar. Instead of plain tomato  juice or bloody mary mix , Clamato juice is used instead ( a mixture of clam juice , tomato juice and spices.)     I would always insist on your choice of premium vodka (mine being Belvedere )  and then personalize it the way you like  ie worcestershire sauce, horse radish, salt, pepper, hot sauce, celery, cold cuts etc.  Then ask for either plain tomato or use their blend of bloody mary mix.    I usually have at least 2 of these drinks in one week.  I always ask the bartender how he makes different styles of drinks. Some are very creative on board. 

All, We are just a couple of weeks out so we are getting really excited.

Pooch, my wife says the same but I like it as well. 

Will definitely be utilizing some of the fantastic advice posed here. Love getting to know the bartenders anyway. They work hard and usually have a good story to tell if they aren't crazy busy making drinks for folks. Gonna really try to get one of the BLTs (maybe two and call it lunch!) and will work with them on getting it the way I like it.

Thanks again and safe travels everyone. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All, we just returned, and I sampled a few (OK, more than a few) they were all good. Even though I asked for all the garnishes they had, the ones I had were made with either only olives or celery and sometimes both. I had a nice conversation with the bartender at the bar in Central Park and she said everything scaled down for bloodies after covid and haven't gotten back to what they were pre-covid yet. She did tell me that they used Sacramento tomato juice for the mix. I've never heard of it, but they tasted good (not my normal but certainly drinkable). Maybe they will bring back the garnishes and bars in the future but for now I couldn't find them.

On 10/16/2022 at 10:43 AM, Censored said:

I think this is all about personal taste and the bartender and what is available to make that Bloody Mary.   Im from Canada, so  what is popular here is called a Bloody Caesar. Instead of plain tomato  juice or bloody mary mix , Clamato juice is used instead ( a mixture of clam juice , tomato juice and spices.)    

Wow, all this time I have been drinking a Bloody Caesar?  I am from Ohio and my father always made his bloody mary with 1/2 tomato juice and 1/2 clamato juice.  I love it!