Family of 4. How would you do coco cay?

My wife cannot get on slides because she has developed bad vertigo. She much prefers the beach.

However my 14 and 11 yr old will probably enjoy the waterpark. $150 admission fee per person. 

I don’t mind doing a little bit of the waterpark and then go in chill mode.

How would you do perfect day at coco cay so we spend time together but everyone is happy? 

It depends on your level of comfort with letting your kids roam free. If you think they are responsible enough, you can go the route the poster above mentioned--go find a spot by the beach, make sure the kids know where you are, maybe arrange a time to meet up/check in and then send them on their way to the waterpark. 

The other option if you want to stay closer to the kids would be booking a waterpark cabana. The possible advantage there is that it includes your waterpark admission, so financially it might make sense to go that route instead of paying individually. 

I agree with @Xaaabove.  I would give them a time to meet outside the entrance to the waterpark. This is what we do with my son.

If you do not think your kids are responsible enough to be on their own, you could book the waterpark for all of you and spend the morning there and then hit one of the beaches after.

(I have vertigo so I feel for her)We rented the water park cabana a few times when we visited the Island. I personally supervised the cabana and the wave pool, ESPECIALLY WITH CABANA SERVICE!!, LOL Everyone else enjoyed the water park to the fullest. When there are two ships there especially that felt the way to go. There you have a dedicated home base, entrance to water park for 6 I believe & when the second ship leaves the park emptied out. We were the second ship in so this was nice. If we were to be the first ship we would have headed out as early as possible to take advantage of shorter lines. Purchase the cabana when they are available & then watch for a price drop, thus securing one for your family. Call Royal for the price decrease adjustment, once I canceled on line and then when I went right back in to purchase and the cabana was gone. 

HAVE A GREAT TIME 🏄‍♀️

My kids are 15 and 12 and I don't do the water rides.  For the past 2 visits, we've purchased either a half or full day waterpark pass for three and then I go off and find chairs at the beach for when they need a break.  They usually spend a couple hours in the park, come find me for lunch and a little ocean swim, and then hit the park again on the way out for a little while.  This works for us and I get some quiet time at the beach.  

If this is your first time at Coco Cay, I say spring for the 3 passes.  If you go back a 2nd time, you can probably just buy them passes as they will know generally what to expect and where to go.  This does get me thinking about what I'll do when we are there in July and if I will buy the 3rd pass this time or let my kids go in on their own.  I just don't like sending them with their phones stored away in unattended bags while they are in line and otherwise having fun (and I don't like the idea of them not having access to their phones in case there was a problem).  So, I'll be thinking about this now, and will likely spring for the 3rd pass. 

We are going with another family and will have two 11 year olds and a 14 year old so it made sense for us to get a cabana price wise. It's also our first time. We'll scope it out and maybe just get it for the kids next time. 

We booked the cabana online a while ago and I've been monitoring for a sale but no luck so far. I hope we see it drop and will do as Neesa suggests above and call for the price adjustment (thanks for that advice!).

32 days and counting!

7 hours ago, letscruise said:

My kids are 15 and 12 and I don't do the water rides.  For the past 2 visits, we've purchased either a half or full day waterpark pass for three and then I go off and find chairs at the beach for when they need a break.  They usually spend a couple hours in the park, come find me for lunch and a little ocean swim, and then hit the park again on the way out for a little while.  This works for us and I get some quiet time at the beach.  

If this is your first time at Coco Cay, I say spring for the 3 passes.  If you go back a 2nd time, you can probably just buy them passes as they will know generally what to expect and where to go.  This does get me thinking about what I'll do when we are there in July and if I will buy the 3rd pass this time or let my kids go in on their own.  I just don't like sending them with their phones stored away in unattended bags while they are in line and otherwise having fun (and I don't like the idea of them not having access to their phones in case there was a problem).  So, I'll be thinking about this now, and will likely spring for the 3rd pass. 

We recently went to a local waterpark and the girls had their phones in one of those sealed waterproof pouches with the lanyard that goes around your neck. Best invention ever. Just don’t get the ones from Five & Below. Not great quality.