Question on the UDP

Tania

Good Morning!

In February on Anthem, I purchased the Chops +1.  They automatically scheduled me on at Chops on day 2 and I was able to adjust the day/time when I got on board.  We decided to splurge on the UDP for my upcoming cruise in 18 days (I purchased it months ago) and when I purchased it, it asked me a time so I chose 5:30pm.  I was curious why I had to pick a time since I can't schedule it till I get on board?  Will they schedule a restaurant on day 2?  I looked at my calendar and I just see the unlimited plan for day 1 reserved for 5:30pm. (no specific restaurant). 

Thanks! - Tania

I have done UDP for my last 4 RCL cruises.  The first day is reserved for you and you can change it when you get to the cruise port.  I would recommend that you try to connect to the ship internet and book all of your reservations while you are waiting to get on the ship.  If you are not comfortable with that, I would go to one of the Specialty Restaurants and reserve all your dinners.  On my last two cruises all the dinners were overbooked, and people could not get reservations even with UDP.  It might be different on your cruise but I would not risk it.