Changed from GTY to "Select a Room"

jp1

First time cruiser.  We booked a cruise for late March, just the wife and I.  At the time (3 weeks ago) they were sold out of double-occupancy Ocean Balcony rooms.  They did offer us a GTY which we accepted.  I've been a little nervous about not really knowing what we would end up with but we wanted an Ocean Balcony.  This morning an additional Ocean Balcony room on the 8th floor midship opened.  Cancellation?  I called and changed from GTY to the selected room.  Paid the extra $ and locked it in.  One less thing to stress about, I guess.

My thinking was that during Spring Break the cruise will be jammed and our GTY assignment could possibly be disappointing.  Smart move?

5 hours ago, jp1 said:

First time cruiser.  We booked a cruise for late March, just the wife and I.  At the time (3 weeks ago) they were sold out of double-occupancy Ocean Balcony rooms.  They did offer us a GTY which we accepted.  I've been a little nervous about not really knowing what we would end up with but we wanted an Ocean Balcony.  This morning an additional Ocean Balcony room on the 8th floor midship opened.  Cancellation?  I called and changed from GTY to the selected room.  Paid the extra $ and locked it in.  One less thing to stress about, I guess.

My thinking was that during Spring Break the cruise will be jammed and our GTY assignment could possibly be disappointing.  Smart move?

Absolutely smart move!