Best snorkeling spots at CocoCay?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So only around Chill Island Beach for snorkeling? In my complete ignorance of how an island works, I'll ask - why wouldn't there be fish in other areas? Does there need to be a rock formation or such? Nothing on the other side at South Beach, etc.?  Thanks!  - Ignorant but curious....

2 hours ago, BethGR said:

So only around Chill Island Beach for snorkeling? In my complete ignorance of how an island works, I'll ask - why wouldn't there be fish in other areas? Does there need to be a rock formation or such? Nothing on the other side at South Beach, etc.?  Thanks!  - Ignorant but curious....

South Beach has a sandbar, so water depth is very tidal and there's less marine life over there unless you go way out past the sand bar or snorkel to the left towards the over the water cabanas by the Beach Club.  There are tons of fish and some sharks and rays that swim around under the over the water cabanas if you want to swim that far out from South Beach.