Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

JenaMB

Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport, 1500 SE 17th Street Causeway is very close to port.  The just did a major addition in the last 3-5 years.

also 

a lot of cruisers like the Embassy suites in the same area, though it is much older and some say in need of an update.

There are a few others in that SE 17th street area that may fit your need.

Also a lot of people like to stay in the Dania Beach area, just south of the airport (same area as the Hotel that Matt mentioned had a recent review).  Personally I like being a little closer to the port.

There’s many options. If free breakfast is something you prefer then there shouldn’t be an issue locating a hotel. As a downtown Fort Lauderdale local, my question to you would be what price point and what time of year are you sailing? We are currently in tourist season so the rates for even the most basic hotel accommodations are inflated. I will give you 3 places/ locations to consider w/o knowing your overall goal whether it be just a bed or full beach resort experience:

1. Fort Lauderdale Beach (full resort experience): Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Season: $750+/night. Normal $400+/night.

2. Mid tier hotel close to port: Embassy Suites 17th street. Walk to dining exc. 5 minutes to port. Season: $300+/ night. Normal: $150ish/night.

3. Mid tier hotel 10-15 minutes to port: multiple mid tier branded hotel options within the Dania Point area at the NE corner of I-95 and Sterling blvd. Easy walk to dining and lower price point. Season $200ish. Normal: $150/night.

I wouldn’t hesitate one second to stay in the Dania Point area pre cruise if you are conscious of price. The distance is of zero consequence as it’s still very close to the port. There are plenty of dining options that you can walk to from any of the Dania Point area hotels. Let me know if you need specifics and I will most likely be able to answer your questions with first hand knowledge. 

We'll be staying at the Sheraton Four Points in November, 1800 S Federal Hwy, which is very close to both the airport and cruise port and is around the corner from the Embassy Suites and Holiday Inn Express. Prices are in the $180 range for that period and there is a free shuttle from the airport. I don't believe that breakfast is included however.

We have stayed at the downtown Holiday Inn Express and the following...liked the proximity of the downtown and they can arrange a shuttle but we liked this one better. Cost to catch Uber was comparable to shuttle from downtown. That said, free airport shuttle, it's clean, a few places to eat within walking, has breakfast, not far from port, but it isn't a resort. But for us, it's about that list above and not the time we spend in the area when we cruise out of Lauderdale.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
1150 State Road 84
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33315

We stayed at Fairfield Inn and Suites a few weeks ago on a Friday night before our cruise.  The rooms are large and very clean and comfortable.  Price was only $150 and included breakfast.  They provided water bottles in our room and at the checkin desk passed out warm cookies.  Free mimosas on the Saturday morning!  We ate delicious, hot free popcorn 🍿 while we were playing cards in the large sitting area near the lobby after we had taken a walk around the area.  There are a few restaurants within a 10 minute walk and a Wendy’s and a Dunkin Donuts just a 1 minute away!
They do offer a shuttle to the port but it is $15/person and the time was 10:45 but we had 10:30 boarding so we opted for a Lyft which was much cheaper and faster!

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

We stayed at Fairfield Inn and Suites a few weeks ago on a Friday night before our cruise.  The rooms are large and very clean and comfortable.  Price was only $150 and included breakfast.  They provided water bottles in our room and at the checkin desk passed out warm cookies.  Free mimosas on the Saturday morning!  We ate delicious, hot free popcorn 🍿 while we were playing cards in the large sitting area near the lobby after we had taken a walk around the area.  There are a few restaurants within a 10 minute walk and a Wendy’s and a Dunkin Donuts just a 1 minute away!
They do offer a shuttle to the port but it is $15/person and the time was 10:45 but we had 10:30 boarding so we opted for a Lyft which was much cheaper and faster!

This is another Dania location where you get the best pricing and still very close to the port & FLL. A few weeks makes a big difference though as we are now in season. I would imagine those rates have doubled. 

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

We are staying here in Nov the Sat night before our cruise, so I am glad to know my decision was a good one. Do they have a shuttle from the airport?

23 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Fort Lauderdale Beach (full resort experience

We are staying here for 7 nights in December before we cruise over Christmas. It looks lovely, the suite we selected is newly renovated and the ocean front views, full kitchen and spa sealed the deal.  Reviews are consistently very good but it’s nice to have a local include it! We are looking forward to our stay!