Pool towel question

FrHoffard

Hello all, we are getting very close to our 1st cruise (10/14 on Navigator) and I have a question about the pool towels.  I understand checking them out but do we need to take our used towels back to the towel station each day?  Just trying to know what to expect.  Thank you

1 hour ago, Robert M said:

Are they numbered in case someone accidentally takes yours?

No, they are not.  If someone "steals" your towel, you should go to the towel station and report it so they can update your count.  It's also a good idea to check your count when you return your towels.  We always return all of ours at the same time, so I always ask to make sure I'm back to "zero".  In my opinion, it's best to return the towels at the end of each day and make sure you are back to "zero" and then get new fresh towels each morning when you need them.  Doing this we have never had an issue with being charged for a towel.  

1 hour ago, Reigert2008 said:

It's also a good idea to check your count when you return your towels.  

I do this as well. Mostly to check to make sure my account wasn't "counted" for a towel delivered to my room when the form looked like it sent on day 1 but I never got the towel. Since they just scanned the towel back in it's easy for them to see if there are any still "outstanding".

53 minutes ago, ASmith said:

If you have minors on board with you, is it best to check out towels all on 1 sea pass? Or do you have to have the individual passes?

Perhaps for your sanity 1 card is good, but you can always verify with the towel person that everyone in your cabin has returned them at any time.

7 hours ago, ASmith said:

If you have minors on board with you, is it best to check out towels all on 1 sea pass? Or do you have to have the individual passes?

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Perhaps for your sanity 1 card is good, but you can always verify with the towel person that everyone in your cabin has returned them at any time.

It has always been my experience that towels are assigned to the folio number, not necessarily the individual sea pass card; just to say, all individuals I am financially responsible for have all the towels on one list.

23 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

It has always been my experience that towels are assigned to the folio number, not necessarily the individual sea pass card; just to say, all individuals I am financially responsible for have all the towels on one list.

We have checked them out on my card and back in on my wife's.